facebook

elections

by: Wondering

Who from what sorority/fraternity is running for what positions?

Posted By: Wondering
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: What I know   

Not sure about fraternities. But sororities:
Pres: a DDD vs a guy
Treas: a ZTA vs a guy
Sec: A DG vs a XO

Really great to see DDD and ZTA running someone this year. I can't remember the last time one of them did run. Also, surprised to not see a KD or Phi Mu in the mix. Especially Phi Mu. They've been pushing how more involved they were recently stating their case for being top tier, but so far I haven't heard a whole lot out of them this year. XO and DG typically always run someone, so good for them.

By: What I know
#2  by: silly   

You are obviously not on campus if you haven't "heard" much from phi mu. Look at the senators, class officers, freshman forum, homecoming, delegates,road runners, etc....
We are thrilled with the people running. Maybe phi mu and kd have decided to be supportive of the ones running.

By: silly
by: ....Feb 2, 2014 9:18:46 PM

Well that was bit defensive, no? Every sorority has members involved in everything you just listed, save maybe Delegates and Roadrunners. But all of the top houses have multiple in both of those organizations. What sets chapters apart are their leaders. This past year was the first time in YEARS that Phi Mu had someone one Exec, where as it's super common for the other top houses to have someone on or run for Exec every year. So when you cram how much Phi Mu is doing down everyones throats, then don't back it up CONSISTENTLY, then you aren't living up to the hype.

By: ....
by: agree with ...Feb 3, 2014 3:08:05 PM

Consistency is the key to being a top chapter - Phi Mu had success with senators (but still second most members), maybe one class officer (another group has two), and one homecoming maid (every group except one had a member on the court, DG had 4 and Chi O had Queen and Miss MSU). Other sororities have members in all of the other groups listed - and their members are the leaders in those groups. Top sororities have been doing the things you listed for YEARS, not just a couple.

By: agree with ...
#3  by: wellwellwell   

Talk about defensive. The response was simply about this year my friends. And no every sorority does not have someone in every organization. Your comment about exec s "super wrong". Not so sure about your "back it up " comment. When positions are backed up you call it defensive. You're very misinformed about senators and class officers.....phi mu has 9. Not defensive just facts. Yes, phi mu supported chi o queen! But no man every group didn't have a homecoming maid...not even all but one. Phi mu did have one....greek unity, remember? Of course you know this if you're a student. Don't even try to brag about dg having 4 maids.....the entire campus knows that Roseland their non participation in greek unity! Fact is kd and phi mu chose not to run an SA officer.....supporting others this go round.

By: wellwellwell
by: KDFeb 5, 2014 5:37:42 PM

Just to clarify, a KD is running for VP unopposed.

By: KD
by: Wait....Feb 5, 2014 9:17:54 PM

Are you actually claiming that not running someone shows more support of "greek unity?" I'm so over that phrase here. Ever sense people used it describe DG its been like a veiled threat hanging over everyones heads. If I hear one more time in chapter that we have to really show up for things because "we don't want to appear to not support greek unity" because "you know how that looks" I might scream. We do things because we want to, run a girl or not if you want to but stop claiming greek unity for it. And yes, we, KD, are running a girl. Phi Mu not running someone does not mean they are bigger supporters of greek unity and us, XO, DG, DDD, and ZTA running someone does NOT mean we aren't supporters of it. Ugh I'm sorry but this is what happens when you try to fight a Phi Mu about them being top tier. Like punching a brick wall. I'm over it.

By: Wait....
#4  by: discussion   

This entire conversation has NOTHING to do with place in tier. It began because someone stating "haven't heard much out of them this year" and ugh I'm so sick of lies on this site. Greek unity was totally referring to homecoming where someone up top tried to infer that having only 1 maid on court was unusual. Unity was referencing why everyone had only one except dg who chose to not support greek unity. the reference was SUPPORTING EACH OTHER IF you read it correctly. Man o man get a grip! "What I Know" began this entire feed praising all BUT phi mu......and you wonder why there is a response? Especially when it's a lie.and wonderful for kd running someone!Kudos to all groups that chose to run.

By: discussion
#5  by: Results   

Congratulations to Sigma Chi, Kappa Delta, Delta Gamma, Phi Gamma Delta, and (formerly) Sigma Phi Epsilon for having members elected!

By: Results
by: Wanting to addFeb 14, 2014 12:38:28 AM

Congrats to Chi O, Zeta and Tri Delt for running gils this year! It takes a lot of effort and guts to run, and a lot of support from your whole chapter. It's difficult to work so hard and not win, but it really shows a lot about your sorority just by having someone run and campaigning for them. It was a great year and I'm really proud that we had SO MANY SORORITY GIRLS in the mix!

By: Wanting to add

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.