facebook

what are the real sorority rankings here?

by:    

What are the real sorority rankings here? Top tier? Mid Tier? Bottom Tier?

Posted By: Haylie
Page 5 of 7
#41by:    

XO/KD/DG
Phi Mu
DDD
Zeta
Pi Phi
ADPi

Recently top 2 are XO/KD
DG
Phi Mu
or maybe DG/Phi Mu
but these things change based on who is doing well one year and who had a bad year. Obviously DG's bad year. But next year year could be totally different. After 5 or so years of changes, the ranks might be totally different. Until then: XO/KD/DG top 3.

By: Ranks

Before you type:  Please do not post individual names, defaming content, or spam. Remember, cyber bullying can be considered a crime.

Nickname:
by: About right...   

I mostly agree with your order. I just don't think there's quite that many levels:

XO/KD (equal, good year for both)
DG/Phi Mu (both had less than stellar year, but most people would still put them here for now)
DDD/ZTA (fairly equal and both have had a very good year, either or both could move up. Changes just don't happen so quickly here)
Pi Phi
ADPi

By: About right...
by: Perceptions?   

It does take quite some time to change people's perceptions, but the reality is there are definitely shifts. XO and KD consistently do very well at rush and are well respected on campus. It's kind of a toss up after that though. Yes, DG and Phi Mu still did pretty well at rush this year (DG better than Phi Mu), mainly because they are perceived by rushees to be strong groups. They've had a strong reputation, especially in Mississippi, for a long time. But, if you ask most people in Greek organizations at State (or people that interact with sorority girls on campus and in various organizations) they would tell you that ZTA and DDD are often seen to be better supporters of Greek unity, are nicer and behave in a classier manner than either DG or Phi Mu. Both ZTA and DDD have had a very good year. We'll have to wait and see what that means during rush. A good year needs to lead to a strong rush for people's perceptions to change. And, no, I'm not a ZTA or DDD.

By: Perceptions?
by: curious   

What was so wrong the DGs 2012 pledge class? What did they do? Could it be the older girls in the chapter blaming on the freshmen? I'm just extremely curious.

By: curious
#42by:    

After the election results it's pretty clear the new top 3 is XO, KD,and PHi MU! DG has slipped, and the only thing they've "had" over Phi Mu was involvement.....welllllllllll they just lost that to Phi Mu! How the mighty have fallen, LOL!

By: ummmm
by: @ummmm   

Yes, a Phi Mu did win SA Secretary over a DG, but this is the FIRST Phi Mu member of SA Exec that I can remember for the past 6 or 7 years. DG, Chi O and KD have a member of SA Exec every year. Enjoying your win is great, but why is it necessary to make hateful comments about another group? Other Greeks will respect your organization more if you learn to win with class.

By: @ummmm
by: No bid   

Goodness Phi Mu.. you are in college. Time to grow up. Oh, and "well" only has 2 L's.

By: No bid
by: Hmmm...   

Congrats to the Phi Mu that won SA Secretary. It is an honor and responsibility to be elected to the position. But, Phi Mu's reaction shows EXACTLY why they will never be a top sorority here. Complete lack of class. I'm beginning to agree with "Perceptions" above. The Greek community is expanding. There are many great options for PNMs. Though Chi O/KD/DG will probably continue to be the most sought after bids (especially for Mississippi girls), the chapters mentioned (ZTA and DDD) have come on strong and are certainly respectable options. Both have raised their reputation on campus and have had a very good year. I like these girls, they've worked hard and I hope they continue to do well.

By: Hmmm...
by: I think   

it shows more about XO, DG, and Phi Mu that they ran someone than it does that Phi Mu beat DG. Top chapters have girls in these kinds of positions. So while it is wonderful for Phi Mu that they finally got a notable involement, this is first time it's happened and the last time or 2 that they did run someone they were not successful. (Didn't they loose to DG last year? I mean ya can't brag about it if you were in DG's position last year). NORMALLY there is a XO, DG, or KD on Exec each year or at least one that runs. Even if you don't win, you can't be faulted for trying to have some serious involvement. Currently there is a XO, DG, and KD on exec, with the new results there will be a XO and a Phi Mu. Awesome for the Greek community, and shows these 4 chapters are the big players on campus. That does not mean one should insult the other when they loose an election......

By: I think
by: @Hmmmm.....   

What hypocrisy. Someone form Phi Mu points out an accomplishment in response to a snotty post, and who gets called out? Of course, Phi Mu. Girls from each sorority have made statements defending their chapter and pointing out accomplishments. Snarky? Yes. Unfortunately, this website promotes that type of banter. But you say "lack of class?" Hello pot, meet kettle.

By: @Hmmmm.....
by: @@hmmm   

How in the world can you call this "After the election results it's pretty clear the new top 3 is XO, KD,and PHi MU! DG has slipped, and the only thing they've "had" over Phi Mu was involvement.....welllllllllll they just lost that to Phi Mu! How the mighty have fallen, LOL!" a response to a snotty post?

Of course Phi Mu will get called out for it ... it's a VERY rude post. Winning one SA election does not mean that Phi Mu has replaced DG. A DG has been on SA Exec for the past 5 years (some appointed/some elected). AS many others have said, Phi Mu needs to learn to win with class.

By: @@hmmm
by: wow   

I can tell you without a doubt that a PHI MU did not post that! Someone is starting drama and look.....you fell for it!
If you read previous posts you would be able to figure it out! Seems to me DG was taking A LOT of heat and disrespect in the fall for Homecoming! There was that exact same comment in a thread that "people would respect your sorority a lot more if you wouldn't cheat" at elections, or if you would support greek unity. Looks like someone likes that phrase, doesn't it. And someone likes to start drama. Trouble is you fall for it!
Question for "ummmm".... have you really been following who is in what for 6 or 7 years?????? Since 2006???? What year did you graduate high school? or better yet...college?
There are about 1000 girls in a sorority....how many really get on here? 20? 30? 40? 50? small # of opinions don't you think?

By: wow
by: @@ummmm   

Without a doubt, huh? Do you monitor all of the Phi Mu's Greek Rank activity? Probably not. It is obvious that a Phi Mu posted that because nobody else would care that much to write a post of that sort.

By: @@ummmm
#43by:    

DG, settle down. Take a deep breath. Inhale...exhale....

By: Settle down...
by: Not a DG   

Your comment is offensive to all Greeks.

By: Not a DG
by: @Oh   

People like you ruin Greek life for everyone.

By: @Oh
#44by:    

Pi Phi had an SA exec officer this past year. So according to Phi Mu, that makes them better than DG now. Ha.. yeah.

By: OMG
by: @oh   

Who said Phi Mu made that comment? You know what they say about ASSUME! Yep, I am a Pi Phi and yeah we do think we are better than any group on campus......isn't that why one chooses the one they choose????? Who in their right mind is gonna say,,," yeah, my sorority isn't as good as the others" said no one ever!!
hahahahaha!!! Chill out DG! and @ OH.... People on this site ruin greek life for everyone.

By: @oh
by: @@oh   

Well if it wasn't a Phi Mu then it was obviously YOU. Hun, I am not in a top tear sorority and I don't believe my sorority is any better than another. You are what is making the greek system look bad. If you know it makes greek life look bad, then why are you on here!?

By: @@oh
#45by:    

First off, congratulations Pi Phi on your accomplishment! But I wanted to remind everyone that this is an anonymous website on which anyone can post. It's real easy to stir up trouble when you don't have to sign your name. Keep that in mind when you spot mean girl posts. The best thing to do is ignore it. Each chapter should be proud of their letters! The whole tier thing is stupid because each chapter has awesome accomplishments!

By: First..
#46by:    

Lets update this now thats its spring for the future PRN's. Which soroities are the top-tiered, middle-tiered and lower tirered? Be honest!

By: coppertop
by: Huh?   

What's a PRN? And no.

By: Huh?
#47by:    

Hey let's don't why don't we let incoming students who decide to go through rush make up their own minds when they go to each house. There' s an idea!

By: @ copper top
#48by:    

DG is not top 3, fell off this year

By: Frat Jesus
by: Thanks   

for that input. Some would agree with you, some wouldn't. Still a wonderful chapter on this campus.

By: Thanks
#49by:    

It's May, obviously the time to give low rankings to top houses in hopes that PMNs might suddenly think that the top houses are awful. Sad; because ALL of the sororities at MSU are amazing! There is no reason to make negative comments about any group at MSU.

By: Mi
#50by:    

We have A LOT to be proud of with all of our chapters. Each one is different, yet so similar. And each one is strong and has things to offer. It's easy to find a fault with a group, or harp on one thing or one member that brings them down, because not a single group is perfect. But it's important to remember EACH group has faults, and pointing out the weakness of others does not make your group stronger. In the end, every group has far more strengths than weaknesses, even if a strength is different from another groups.

By: MSUgreek

Before you type:  Please do not post individual names, defaming content, or spam. Remember, cyber bullying can be considered a crime.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.