facebook

what are the real sorority rankings here?

by:    

What are the real sorority rankings here? Top tier? Mid Tier? Bottom Tier?

Posted By: Haylie
Page 3 of 7
#21by:    

Chi O and KD are the absolute top two sororities. These ladies have taken great pledges and continue to have strong involvement in campus organizations. Of these two groups Chi O is the stronger group with KD a very close second.
DG was once a top but in my opinion their past two pledge classes have not been good and their choices this year have really hurt everyone's opinion of them and their standing on campus. Their involvement has even dropped.
Phi Mu, 4th, has come on very strong since taking a great pledge class in 2011. This group has worked hard to increase their involvement on campus but they must get better at keeping members.
DDD is doing well in recent competitions and has improved their campus involvement.
Zeta has some of the sweetest people I know as members.
Pi Phi is still working to establish itself on campus. Unfortunately being the newest group on campus is a hard spot in which to be.
ADPi and KKG while being very strong on a Nationsl level will need time to establish themselves at MSU.

By: Currrent
by: Ddd2   

Chi o is a top sorority...dg is Not. Kd and phi mu have great PC this year! Pc11 is incredibly strong for both of these groups and are now the leaders. 1st semester down and it's looking like ranks are changing! Kd and phi mu moving UP!

By: Ddd2
by: What I hear   

Most people are in agre

By: What I hear
by: Preach!   

Totally agree with Ddd2!!

By: Preach!
by: Level Headed   

This is a fair comment. I'd have to say that this is true. I dont think that you can put Chi O on top of KD bc they are both equally as strong, but in their own unique way. KD's have strong pledge classes (especially this year) as does Chi O. They are just Different types of girls. One is more of the laid back type and the other is leans on the more busy body type. Both have strong points, and chi o has laid back girls too. KD has go getter girls also. Its really just a stone cold fact that these are the power houses. That is probably why they get along so well. CHI O KD <3

By: Level Headed
#22by:    

Most people are in agreement that Chi O absolutely had the best pledge class this year and that Chi O is very close to standing alone as the top sorority.

By: What I hear
by: Ddd2   

Top grades....ok
But top what else????? Certainly not ANYthing! Collecting owls maybe.
There are great,smart,beautiful,involved,partying,studious, go out all the time,mean,sweet,Christian, winning girls in ALL sororities.....even chi O .sorry to burst your bubble.....Don't be quite so certain......one is NOT better than the other or what is it.....top? Believe it or not.......some girls actually CUT chi o ... just like the others!!!!
Greek unity...."what I hear"

By: Ddd2
#23by:    

very clear that the Chi O pledge class, while very good, is also very into themselves and being very good. A lot of comments talking about how Chi O is hands down the only top sorority, when in fact there are 4 sororities here that are easily some of their nationals best groups and 3 others that are outstanding as well. There are also posts on other sites from the Chi O PC, such as the recent TFM post. It's just obvious when other sororities (from the looks of it except for a few DDD and Phi Mu posts) on this site are all about Chi O then ranking the others that they are the only ones who bother with this or care. They're good on paper, and they know it and have been told it, and it's not very classy or humble.

By: It's just
by: While   

each sorority has bad along with the good, Chi O is undeniably the top sorority. What TFM post are you referring to? Their christmas card was on TFM...

By: While
#24by:    

DG is not a top sorority. They may be at other schools but not here, middle tier. Yes, they have a reputation for cheating and not being fair and it's true. Many girls in DG have said they love DG but they didn't want homecoming to be like that. And I have heard of several girls who had DG and another sorority on pref night but prefed the other sorority because DG was too fake to them- having three girls talk to you at once. Honest truth I know Chi o's are really smart and involved on campus but I have to agree they do act like they're better than everyone but still they are the top sorority. KD has some really nice girls and a top sorority because they are popular but they didn't get nearly as good a pledge class as the year before- some people say they might be going down. DDD has a bad reputation because they get leftovers and i think thats true but I've heard they have had a good pledge class past 2 years and people say they possibly could move up in the future. ZTA's have a bad reputation too- they will move up if they get rid of their old reputation. They also have a good pledge class. Phi mu's are pretty okay girls- I haven't heard there pledge class was bad. But i have heard they are Just popular because the "phi mu stereotype" among the guys. Pi Phi I know are new but I've heard they have a bad pledge class because they party too much

CHI O
KD
PHI MU/DDD
ZTA
DG
PI PHI

PS. I'm not trying to hate on DG but I think they need a reality check.

By: My opinion
by: StateDawg   

Pretty much agree with My Opinion. Would only disagree with Phi Mu rank. After a great PC 11, this pledge class is

By: StateDawg
by: StateDawg   

I agree wIth My Opinion on most everything above. Only thing I'd change is Phi Mu. They have people on here trying to move them up. But, most Greeks know about the issues with some of the girls from PC 12. Every chapt

By: StateDawg
by: State Dawg   

Really sorry, my comment keeps posting before I'm finished. I only disagree with Phi Mu's rank. PC 12 has had problems, like every chapter does from time to time. But it is embarrassing and hurts their reputation. They got some hot girls this year but most lack class. I see them maybe on the same tier, but not above DDD and ZTA. We had a swap with DDD and ZTA this year. Really cool girls. They both got a good pledge class and seem to be moving up - though Phi Mu has people on here trying to move them up, it's just not true from what I see. Here's the way I see it:

Chi O
KD
DDD/ZTA/Phi Mu
DG
Pi Phi

By: State Dawg
#25by:    

Ok, any PNMs going through rush that see this, I want to share my story. I am from out of state, and as such, I had no preconceived notions of any of the sororities at MSU. Yes, I did have one that I liked above the others based on its philanthropy, but that was really all I based it off of. I didn't even think that I would end up accepting a bid. I went through rush for fun. However, I am now Greek, and I would not change it for the world. The house that I ended up in was consistently my last choice all the way up until pref night. I went into pref night thinking I was going to be one house, and I ended up pledging the one I had disliked all week. That morning before I opened my schedule for the day, I prayed that God would put me where he wanted me. My Gamma Chi said to think about which house you felt the most comfortable in. I felt equally comfortable in both, and the two I was left with were very similar in GPA, involvement, and passion for their philanthropy. What was the total game changer for me was that at the one I pledged, every conversation had something to do with God. That's what decided it for me. I went out on a limb, and I have definitely found my place.

What I am trying to say is: go into rush with an open mind, stay true to yourself and your values, and find the house that fits with your values. It's not about what they are ranked, or if they are "top tier," it's about whether you would be proud to call these girls your sisters.

By: Honest
#26by:    

after sleeping with A member of the DG pledge class. ill they are def not the best lovers.

KD
CHI o
tri delt
Dg
Phi mu
pi phi
zeta

By: lambda chi
by: ddd2   

That's the dumbest statement on here! Do you really think people believe you? And your ranks are laughable as well! Are you new to MSU???????

Chi O/KD
Phi MU
Dg/DDD
pi phi
zeta

By: ddd2
#27by:    

To all of the wondeful sororities at MSU. They are all top tier!! XOXOXOXOXOX

By: Merry Xmas
#28by:    

Based on junior and seniors only:
DG/XO
KD
Phi Mu
DDD
Zeta
Pi Phi

Based on sophomores and freshmen only:
XO
KD
Phi Mu/DG
DDD/Zeta
Pi Phi

Even though the top ranks is the "traditional" view of MSU sororities, as you can see a couple years can change things. Should be interesting to see where everyone falls next year or the year after.

By: Ranks
by: MSU   

Completely agree

By: MSU
by: GreekDawg   

Good ranking. Yep,I'm a junior and things seem to be shifting the last year or so. The only thing I'd change is Phi Mu. Their PC11 was great, but PC12 was a big drop. Some of the things I've seen this semester have changed my opinion. Sorry they have these problems cause they do have some nice pretty girls. I'd put them on a tier with DDD/ZTA (kudos to both on a really good year). I don't have a clue where to put DG. Opinions on them are all over the place.

By: GreekDawg
by: MSU   

I agree with GreekDawg. Phi Mu had fan

By: MSU
by: Yes   

Agree with GreekDawg. Phi Mu had an amazing 2011 pledge class but the 2012 one was average.

By: Yes
#29by:    

Views by whom? A certain hometown? let me give you all a lesson here.Each hometown has their own view. I am a mom of sorority girls at MSU.2 different ones/ different years. I stumbled upon this site while looking up other info.This is ridiculous! First of all do you all really think ANYONE other than the sorority members themselves are writing reviews?? think about that. I certainly hope a young man would NOT be in the least bit interested in this info and neither would the independents. With that said and looking at the so called top percentage group......who ranked them other than themselves? And who would be ranking the ones with the lower percentages and the most negative comments ? Another group of course!. With that being said I would frown upon the group getting on here and bashing others. That in itself would be a 0 in class!. I don't think anyone from any group would get on here and say CHI O stands alone at the top....only a CHI O would do that. Here again is the epitome of being judgmental, which is a 0 in class. Top in grades does not make you a better group. if you are a nice/christian/sweet group of girls then you would never get on here and bash another group or say you are better! So when a PNM gets on here remember this..... the high rating ARE self ratings. Greek unity is what you should strive for and hurray for the groups doing just that! I do have a kd in the family and some of her best friends are in other groups.....All are beautiful inside and out!

By: a mother
by: @ a mother   

Sorry but

By: @ a mother
by: @ a mother   

Sorry but as another mother, accusing one group of something like that shows 0 class.

By: @ a mother
#30by:    

I guess the mama above is also saying that since the lambda chi quote that stated he slept w a dg and ranked Kappa delta at 1, that was a kd who wrote that, huh whatever if you looked around several have a couple of different sororities at the top and have a couple as so called top, middle etc..and kd is ranked top on alot of it remember it just an opinion. Get over it mama. I don't think all the chi o or dg ,Dodd, phi phi etc care to self rank all the time on here . And if they do get over it and go bake some cookies. Ok I will agree that there is a lot of self ranking and crap on this site but take everything w a grain of salt.

By: So

Before you type:  Please do not post individual names, defaming content, or spam. Remember, cyber bullying can be considered a crime.

Nickname:

Before you type:  Please do not post individual names, defaming content, or spam. Remember, cyber bullying can be considered a crime.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.