facebook

what are the real sorority rankings here?

by:    

What are the real sorority rankings here? Top tier? Mid Tier? Bottom Tier?

Posted By: Haylie
Page 2 of 7
#11by:    

You should always go into RECRUITMENT with an open mind for ALL sororities. If you go in focused on just 4 of them, then you could set yourself up for disaster. Every sorority at State is different and attracts different people. Your opinion of one may completely differ from mine. Just like observer said, if you are in it for a popularity contest then you are in it for the WRONG reason. Quit focusing on your 4 and focus on all 7 great groups.. people like you are what give sororities a bad reputation.

By: @Truth
by: @ truth also   

How about hey there I'm not a phi mu, a kd, a dg, or Chi o.
How about I wrote that on the 29 because I WAS focused on just four and didn't get any one of them.thank good ness! Nice try though "truth". Must say you were a little defensive there. Got news for ya...everything YOU said was offensive...if those 3 only consider themselves as 3 then YOU give the Greek system a bad name...hypocritical is what you are being!

By: @ truth also
#12by:    

Not everyone can have #1 pc every year, not everyone gets the most involvement or sweethearts every year. Each sorority shines some years and is steady others. But it doesn't change the ranks, not yet anyway. For a very long time it has been:
Chi O/DG/KD
Phi Mu
DDD
Zeta
Pi Phi
If you want a top 2, every person will pick differently based on what they like. But the top 3 are all wonderful and nationally recognized as one of their organizations top chapters, which is amazing for all of MSU Greek life.

By: Why discuss it?
#13by:    

Most of the sororities here at MSU rank in the tops nationally for their sororities ...like at least 5 out of 7 , maybe all 7 ,each has strong support in state and out of state from their alumni

By: Greek
by: Not really.    

Maybe 4 of them, Phi Mu is only strong in the south so this chapter must be up there. But DDD, ZTA, and Pi Phi are SO strong nationally. These chapters are good, but they have a lot of competition nationally to be considered one of the best.

By: Not really.
#14by:    

I talked to a lady who was a ZTA , at a Florida school (m which ZTA is big in that state overall )and was a national consultant for ZTA and she sd that ZTA at msu was really strong according to nationals. Pi Phi is really big in Texas and Missouri , and northern schools - like kkg and kao, ; kd is pretty good overall like Ddd maybe pockets of not tops. Dg is no longer at vandy but has strong presence in Mississippi, LSU . But each group is gonna be big somewhere and not all that elsewhere

By: Chat
by: no   

haha DG is NOT strong at LSU. They're not terrible either, but they are far from being a top tier or even strong middle tier chapter at LSU!

By: no
#15by:    

XO, DDD, DG, ZTA, and Pi Phi are huge nationally. We are lucky to have such strong nationals backing these groups. And KD and Phi Mu are both very great in the SEC and these chapters are no exception.

By: Nationally
#16by:    

MSU is so fortunate to have such a strong Panhellenic system with all groups so well supported by their alumni. I believe the addition of two more chapters will benefit this system even more and I think the current groups will be supportive of this expansion. ZTA, DG and XO are especially huge nationally - not just in regard to campus prominance, but in alumni presence. MSU's ZTA chapter is showing an emergence. Especially this newest pledge class is made up of many top notch girls. Good to see this chapter making such strides.Looking forward to soon seeing the beautiful smiling faces of ADPi and KKG joining the current chapters. Go Greek!

By: Greek Alum
#17by:    

Chi O-Can't touch 'em

KD/DG-Phi Mu might over take y'all....

Phi Mu-Don't let it go to your teased heads

DDD-#1 athletes! Woo!

Zeta/Pi Phi-At least ADPi will be here soon?

By: Reality
by: Truth is....   

Chi O and KD had a great rush and generally have their pick of the PNMs from Mississippi. They have good retention rates and their GPAs are consistently strong.

But, there is really less that separates the other 5 chapters than many people would lead you to believe. Once you get past rush week - and rushees get past what they've "heard" about the various groups - the groups function very similarly during the year. Each group has strengths and weaknesses, some work harder for their philanthropies, some work harder at Greek activities, and several groups find they are rewarded by seeking the top caliber girls from out of state. The people that disagree with this perspective are generally the ones from the couple of sororities that feel they should be "placed above" others. Why is that necessary? Why isn't just being happy within your sorority and with your sisters enough?

By: Truth is....
by: Wow Reality   

That was pretty rude....you sarcastically insulted everyone (except Chi O but we won't harp on that). Reality is XO, KD, and DG all do amazing each year in different areas and can be "the best" one year and not the next. All 3 a very strong. But the other chapters are fantastic in so many different ways and just because they aren't the "traditional" MSU sororities they are rocking and just as good as those 3.

By: Wow Reality
#18by:    

XO/DG/KD
Phi Mu
DDD
Zeta
Pi Phi

That's just how it is.

By: Reality

Before you type:  Please do not post individual names, defaming content, or spam. Remember, cyber bullying can be considered a crime.

Nickname:
#19by:    

XO
KD
DG
Phi Mu
Pi Phi
DDD
Zeta

By: True
by: Go Greek!   

Good try Pi Phi, but the Greek community knows better.

XO/KD (still going strong)

DG (though we've all been terribly disappointed in your actions this semester and your reputation here is slipping).

Phi Mu/DDD/ZTA (have all had success this semester, each have their own strengths and all have made notable contributions to the Greek community)

By: Go Greek!
by: @Go Greek   

Just because a sorority has been around for 50+ years does not mean they are better. Zeta was the second sorority on campus, so you cannot tell me that it takes time to establish a chapter.. they have had plenty.

And I'm not a Pi Phi.. thanks though.

By: @Go Greek
#20by:    

Cont.

Pi Phi (you've made great strides and got some great girls this year. It just takes some time to establish your chapter.

By: Go Greek!

Before you type:  Please do not post individual names, defaming content, or spam. Remember, cyber bullying can be considered a crime.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.