facebook

pi beta phi reputation

by:    

What is the reputation of the Pi Phi's on campus? I am a legacy and a good group of Pi Phis is something I'm looking for as I apply to colleges this semester. (Obviously its not everything, but it's something I am curious about. Me and my mom are very close and I would like to continue her legacy.)

Posted By: Legacy
Page 1 of 2
#1by:    

THEY SUCK!!!! wow I must be a gphi or kappa bc I'm bashing a house bc wow only gphi and kappa EVER bash houses on here!!!

By: KAPPA/GPHI
by: Dawn   

You are not a GPhi… because GPhis do not bash other sororities. They are very secure with who they are. No need to bash a fellow woman regardless of which sorority they are in.

By: Dawn
#2by:    

Legacies don't necessarily get into the same houses as their relatives at Mizzou, so don't make your college choice based on that.

By: Legacies
#3by:    

Disregard the pathetic girls above. PiPhi is an absolutely AWESOME house at Mizzou-they have grades, looks, philanthropy and LOOKS! If you want true stats for this hosue-go to the other reputable sites and not an anonymous where there r a buch of sad rejected girls who make themselves feel better by putting down others.

By: truth
#4by:    

I wouldn't put too much weight on the status of pi phi just because you're a legacy. I know many pi phi legacies who got cut. There are just too many legacies for that to be an automatic in so its pretty common for legacies to be cut from their mom's house at Mizzou. The good news is there are 14 other awesome houses here and if you don't find your home in pi phi you have plenty of great options, plus there's a possibility of us expanding in the near future and getting more chapters. If you end up here (or anywhere really) go in to rush with an open mind and you'll find your home!

By: be careful
by: Stupid    

Those of you warning this girl that she might not get in are seriously stupid. 1) This girl could be the perfect rush, you basically just have to be good looking and decent everywhere else to get in when you're a legacy and 2) She didn't ask her chances of getting in, she wants to know their rep. There are many many schools that take legacies almost automatic so knowing each school's chapter's rep is important... Obviously the above posters don't come from sorority family's and therefore don't comprehend this concept.

By: Stupid
by: Um   

No matter how perfect you are you shouldn't make a school decision based on what your legacy chapter is like because anything could happen! Nobody is saying she certainly won't get in, she might be perfect pi phi material but there's really no way to know that, is there? So she should look at it realistically - she may not end up in pi phi so making decisions assuming she'll end up in pi phi isn't smart.

By: Um
by: ^   

While that's true I think the poster is hoping to go to a school where she's interested in the Pi Phi chapter. If they had a horrible reputation at Mizzou, she would probably cross Mizzou off the list. (I'm only assuming, don't mean to speak for the OP, this was just my mentality)

By: ^
#5by:    

Pi Phi is a great house, but there are many other houses that are just as great! I think it's sweet that you want to follow in your moms footsteps! Pi Phi's are sweet wonderful humans. The only reason I chose my house above Pi phi was because my house emphasized being involved in Greek life and on campus more than I felt like Pi phi did! Overall you would be one lucky lady to get to be a Pi phi at Mizzou.

By: Truth
#6by:    

They do cut tons of legacies. I've seen them cut amazing girls who are legacies. Please keep an open mind otherwise you are setting yourself up to be disappointed. There are so many great houses at Mizzou!

By: Realistic

Before you type:  Please do not post individual names, defaming content, or spam. Remember, cyber bullying can be considered a crime.

Nickname:

She didn't ask what her chances were, so annoying people are nothing but negative.

#7by:    

It is a very classy house. Always has been. However, go into rush with an open mind to all the houses. Whatever house you pledge will be the perfect fit for you! Your family member won't mind and will be happy for you.

By: chi o
#8by:    

What are the other reputable sites? Want to do more research prior to next year...

By: jelp
#9by:    

I'm not sure PiPhi would take a girl who isn't that serious about academics. Everyone knows you should choose a school primarily because it is outstanding in your probably major. That's why there are so many out-of-state girls in PiPhi who are journalism majors. It's the best j-school in the nation and that's why they chose Mizzou, not because of a sorority that they may or may not like or that may or may not choose them. In fact, if she knew anything about Mizzou or knew anything about its PiPhi chapter, she would know that a few years ago it was deemed the best PiPhi chapter in the nation. So I'm calling b.s.on this whole thread.

By: well

So you would've gone to a school that had no Greek life? I know a good majority of girls at Mizzou definitely would not. You don't remember when you were a senior, IF you were good in academics yourself you had a number of great choices and it's not always the easiest thing to narrow it down. Having a good Greek life was likely one of those factors you and many other girls used, it is Mizzou after all. Stop with the negativity, this girl probably has a much better chance at Rush than you did or you wouldn't be so bitter,

by: ????   

You are telling me that girls really choose which college to go to based on its Greek life? Silly me.I thought college was about getting the best education possible in the field I planned to go in to. But then, what do I know? I'm just an accounting major weighing four job offers, all of which start above 55K.

By: ????
#10by:    

As an out of state journalism student and hopeful journalist, I am well aware of the reputable status of the journalism program at Mizzou. That is why your school is at the top of my list. I am most certainly taking school into account over greek-life, and am not dead set on being a pi phi. It I fit in better with another group of girls I am sure my mom would be happy! I was merely curious about the pi phi reputation. Thanks to everyone who answered my question.

By: Legacy

Before you type:  Please do not post individual names, defaming content, or spam. Remember, cyber bullying can be considered a crime.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.