facebook

chi o initiation????

by:    

I’m a Chi O at another SEC school and saw on IG that Chi O already initiated their girls. Does anyone know why? We never initiated until after semester due to grades and ritual. And usually we were the last house almost into Feb some years.

Posted By: XO
Page 1 of 1
#1by:    

Was wondering the same thing because I know plenty of chi os at other schools and they all initiate second semester

As far as I know there haven’t been any reasons to initiate so early or at least no external reasons so ya I’m confused too

By: Mizzou student
#2by:    

Idk that is odd. They always do it in the beginning of spring semester. Giving them the benefit of the doubt maybe their spring schedule of events planned is so busy they can’t fit it in I week next semester?? Idk. The best bet is to ask a chi o who isn’t a new initiate. It could be possible their nationals forced them to?

By: Hmm
#3by:    

Probably some new rule about initiating girls within like 6 weeks to avoid hazing

By: Probs

Before you type:  Please do not post individual names, defaming content, or spam. Remember, cyber bullying can be considered a crime.

Nickname:
by: Probably not   

Around half of the other sororities at Mizzou haven’t initiated their pledge classes yet and chi omega pledges at other school haven’t been initiated yet tho

By: Probably not
by: Nicci   

Not "some new rule...". October initiations (or 6-8 week initiations) have been relatively common at a number of sororities at various universities as far back as the 1990s. And, yes, the practice is related to supposed hazing avoidance.

By: Nicci
by: Probs   

Not a new in the sense that it’s a new idea to initiate girls that early but that it could be a new rule in that it HAS to be that early now. I have no idea, but I wouldn’t be surprised if that’s was in the whole Greeklife report/recommendations from last year. Just speculation though.

By: Probs
#4by:    

Does this mean they didn’t have to get in a coffin with a dead owl

By: Hootie hoo
#5by:    

There's nothing new about sororities holding initiation in the fall semester. Ignorant alums need to get off this site.

By: Feeling Owly
by: Wow   

Dang.. what a way to talk to alums. You know they’re still your sister right??

By: Wow
by: Feeling Owly   

If they were my sisters, they would know the policies. If they don't, they aren't current with their alumni dues and aren't getting the alumni magazine that explains all of this. So, no, they aren't my sisters. Just lapsed ignorant alums.

By: Feeling Owly
#6by:    

I would hate to call you a sister you have such an attitude.

By: @Feeling Owly

Before you type:  Please do not post individual names, defaming content, or spam. Remember, cyber bullying can be considered a crime.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.