facebook

poll: which sorority house is prettiest?

by: FrancyLloydWright

Posted By: FrancyLloydWright
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: You Know What?   

It's hard to choose because so many of the sorority houses on this campus are beautiful and elegant. But I think the person who started this poll got it right in choosing these 5 as the prettiest.

By: You Know What?
by: ^Sep 12, 2018 4:26:00 PM

I disagree completely what a random 5!

By: ^
by: ?Sep 12, 2018 7:00:47 PM

Hardly random. Three of the five are on the Historic Register. Also three of the five (not the same three) have been listed in surveys of the most beautiful Greek houses in the nation. All have extremely strong alumni support and most have undergone significantly renovation, redecorating or, in one case, rebuilding recently. Which would YOU add?

By: ?
by: DesignSep 13, 2018 3:36:54 PM

I'd add the Phi Mu house to the list - their House Corp. just finished a renovation/refresh of their exterior and interior, along with their landscaping.

Plus, this was the house they built/lived in both go rounds on campus - one of the first in Greektown.

By: Design
by: Yes, butSep 13, 2018 7:03:04 PM

Phi Mu was gone for more than 50 years and lots of other greek chapters lived in that house. My dad lived in it in the 70s or 80s I think and he was a Lambda Chi.

By: Yes, but
by: And...Sep 13, 2018 11:41:17 PM

So what difference should that make? It is their original house, has been a fixture on campus and was one of the first sorority houses built in Greek Town.

It is a beautiful house inside and out.

By: And...
by: OverhaulSep 13, 2018 11:47:36 PM

Think about the overhaul that Phi Mu's collegiate/alumnae/headquarters had to embark upon to change it from a nasty frat house it was into the beautiful house that stands there today!

By: Overhaul
by: @?Sep 14, 2018 11:40:00 AM

you could say the same about most houses on campus....

By: @?
by: Every houseSep 25, 2018 10:10:10 PM

Every house gets overhauled regularly. True, it's more difficult when a house changes from a fraternity to a sorority, but you would expect a sorority house to be updated and attractive. I don't think most people think of Phi Mus as one of the original sororities here because it has had such an erratic tenure.

By: Every house
#2  by: Another category   

I know the newer houses aren't as architecturally special as the amazing houses above, but perhaps there should be a category just for new sorority houses. Some are awful but some are really nice. Then take DG off the original list and add TriDelt.

By: Another category
by: huhSep 12, 2018 4:26:33 PM

DG belongs at the bottom imo.. weird

By: huh
#3  by: Beauty   

I think lot of the beauty comes from the people who live in a house.

By: Beauty
#4  by: Calling out this troll   

And just which sorority house created this poll...?

Inquiring minds would like to know...

By: Calling out this troll
by: yepSep 14, 2018 11:43:55 AM

troll or DG

By: yep
by: .Sep 15, 2018 2:36:14 PM

What difference does it make?

By: .
#5  by: Calling out this poster   

And just which sorority house created this poll...?

Inquiring minds would like to know...

By: Calling out this poster
#6  by: Question   

How many/which houses are the original structures established by the national sororities?

By: Question
by: ???Sep 13, 2018 6:57:40 PM

All, I think. Certainly ADPi, PiPhi and Kappa. Not sure when AXO came to campus but I'm pretty sure that house has always been theirs. DG just built their house.

By: ???
by: ???Sep 27, 2018 5:46:30 PM

Maybe TriDelt?

By: ???
by: DunnoSep 27, 2018 8:36:43 PM

I heard the old ChiO house was original.

By: Dunno

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.