facebook

what are the real sorority rankings here?

by:    

What are the real sorority rankings here? Top tier? Mid Tier? Bottom Tier?

Posted By: Haylie
Page 4 of 5
#31by:    

Here's how my friends and the guys in greektown see things, but of course with guys they will consider looks and fun a major part in their decision making process. Obviously, I'm sure the list is different for everyone, and that's why they vary so much. Well, that and because some of the same girls come on here everyday just to put their house in a tier it doesn't really belong.

Top: TriDelt, ChiO, PiPhi, GPhi, DG (yes DG/Gphi)
Mid: Theta, ADPi, Kappa, APhi, Zeta
Bottom: Sigma Kappa, Sigma, AXO, KD, Phi Mu

TriDelt Chi O and Pi Phi are for sures - everyone pretty much agrees. I know I'll get heat for DG and GPhi, but they're gorgeous, guys love them, and both typically have decent grades.
Theta dropping in grades gave houses reasons to attack and drop you back to mid tier. ADPi your girls are comparable to AXO, Sigma, and KD - it's your winning and gpa that keep you in mid tier. Aphi not a great pc this year, but one yr won't hurt you still solid mid.
Zeta keep your girls - you'll stay mid tier. Sigma Kappa keep yours and you will move up quickly. Sigma keep your good girls -the girls I've seen in your letters the past few years are pretty, but houses have latched onto the quota thing or low grades to push you down. Quit giving them things to bash you. KD and Phi Mu you just haven't changed much since my freshman yr. AXO you really jumped my freshman year, with your girls, but now it seems like except for knowing how to manipulate a website, blah..

By: Not Legit
#32by:    

This is just my opinion. The tiers should now be split into 5's, which I think moves adpi to the top

Top:
Chi o
Pi phi
Kappa
Adpi
Tri delt

Mid:
Theta
G phi
Dg
A phi
Axo

Bottom:
Zeta
Kd
Sigma
Phi mu
Sigma kappa

By: Hmmm
#33by:    

1/2 Tri Delt or Pi Phi
3 Chi O
4 Kappa
5/6 G Phi or DG
7 ADPi
8 Theta
9 A Phi
10 Zeta
11 AXO
12 KD
13 Phi Mu
14 Tri Sig

By: Real
#34by:    

no one in their right minds would put sk and sigma before any other bottom tier house. you can't rank SK, and sigma is the worst house here. Any rank that claims otherwise is a sigma....

By: ok
#35by:    

I think you have to look at in terms of tiers rather than a strictly numbered list. For example, most people would agree that Delta, Pi Phi and Chi O are top tier, but for different reasons, so if you had to pick who was actually #1 out of that group, nobody would agree. Tiers just work better, although it gets kind of messy with the borderline groups - an amazing rush, an embarrassing social scandal, or a strong performance in HC /GW can quickly change how a chapter is perceived on campus.

DDD/XO/PiPhi/Theta/KKG (strong across the board in recruitment/grades/involvement/popularity - they have their pick of girls and are very selective)
DG/ADPi/GPhi/AXO/KD/APhi (not as strong in some areas, but they do very well in others - not as selective, but end up getting a lot of great girls who slipped through the cracks in the top tier)
ZTA/Sigma/Phi/Mu (struggle across the board - some great girls end up here but retention is generally not very good)
SK ??? (makes no sense to rank them yet - wait until grades have come out and they do their first formal recruitment, then we'll have a better idea)

By: Eh
by: frat boy   

I agree with your list, but I would move Theta into the middle tier, and KD and AXO into the lower group. Theta has gone down a bit in the past few years.

By: frat boy
#36by:    

how most pnm's see it

Would ABSOLUTELY LOVE to be in:
Delta, Pi Phi, Chi O

Would really like to be in:
Theta, Adpi, Kappa, G phi

Wouldn't mind being in:
Aphi, DG, AXO, ZTA, KD

Sad on bid day/drop out of recruitment:
Phi mu, sigma

sk - we'll see next year

By: ranks
by: ???   

SK has been here almost four years and have graduated a full PC. It's time to stop not ranking them because they're "new" and start involving them in these discussions.

By: ???
by: What?   

I do not know a single pnm who wanted to be in ChiO. Prior to this year ADpi was not a top choice but they will be next year. The other 11 you mentioned were desirable . But you are way off with who you think pnm would love..there are about 6 in the most desired.

By: What?
#37by:    

Girls really unfairly rip on DG. In terms of fun and looks they're pretty high up there. I enjoy when they come over just like I enjoy when the other top girls come over. I can understand you not putting them with Pi Phi, Chi O, or DDD but they're at least in the second tier. I'd rather hang out with them rather than Theta and Adpi. Scandals like last year really don't hurt their reputation as much as other girls would like to think. Just my two cents.

By: Truth
#38by:    

We all know that one girl that other girls just kind of hate. That's DG. I don't have a problem with the house, but I think something about them rubs a lot of girls the wrong way. Girls aren't jealous of their looks. DDD and Gphi don't get anywhere near the same amount of hate as DG. During recruitment, I know a lot of girls loved them BUT I also know a lot of girl that got bad vibes from them and dropped them. If you're actually a guy - guy rankings are different than girl rankings. And most girls don't like DG.

By: @ Truth
by: ??   

You don't think GPhi gets hate? Clearly you are a DG alum-GPhi, Zeta, DDD and KKG get the most hate. Not warranted-but hate from this website

By: ??
#39by:    

top choices: chi o, pi phi, delta

also among the top, but don't quite have the whole package:
kappa, adpi, theta, gphi

could be better: aphi, DG

acceptable houses: Zta, axo, kd

struggling houses: phi mu, sigma

not ranking SK yet.

By: seriously?
by: Ha   

Ok-I'm calling out the Chi O on this thread-and the others. Even Chi Os know they aren't in the same category as PiPhi or Delta-AND they are no longer top tier...they are definitely dating themselves..Not to say they won't re surface-ChiO is a very strong national chapter-Mizzou just needs to re group and figure out what they want-so much potential-especially because of reputation-but they just aren't 'it' anymore.

By: Ha
by: Lol   

That someone pulled this thread from a few years ago. So funny how all the "top tiers" changed so much. No longer chiO or Delta. but you have people commenting on a acient post so go you who pulled it!

By: Lol
#40by:    

Top: tri delt, a phi, g phi, zeta
Mid: Chi o, AXO, DG
Low: scappa, Phi mu, tru Sig, theta, kappa

By: Real answer

Before you type:  Please do not post individual names, defaming content, or spam. Remember, cyber bullying can be considered a crime.

Nickname:

Before you type:  Please do not post individual names, defaming content, or spam. Remember, cyber bullying can be considered a crime.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.