facebook

do sororities really only care about looks?

by:    

Is it true that if you aren't extremely hot that a lot of sororities will immediately drop you? Are there girls who aren't stick thin blonds in top tier sororities? I am just nervous because anytime I see anything about the sororities at UA the girls are always flawless... Help!

Posted By: Freshman
Page 1 of 1
#1by:    

The only house that recruits exclusively for looks is Alpha Phi. The others look for girls with some combination of looks, academics, recommendations, personality, reputation, achievements, etc. I'd beware of houses that are too interested in looks. One of my friends gained the freshmen 15 and was told she couldn't help rush the next year at A Phi. She had to just work behind the scenes so she wouldn't be seen. That's pretty ratchet in my opinion.

By: alpha phi

Before you type:  Please do not post individual names, defaming content, or spam. Remember, cyber bullying can be considered a crime.

Nickname:
by: OP   

That is actually really messed up and I don't want to be part of a sisterhood that is so superficial. I just am really nervous because I am out of state! However, I am going on a full academic scholarship and will be in the Honors College, so hopefully that will help. Also, (not trying to sound annoying) I know I have a really good personality and for some odd reason people automatically like me... so I hope that will help too.

By: OP
by: Reality is   

Every house does this. If you're awkward or not the cutest you work behind the scenes. I'm not saying it's right but it happens and you're dumb to try and say only aphi does this.

By: Reality is
by: @"alpha phi"   

Do you even know what rachet means......

By: @"alpha phi"
by: ???   

i HIGHLY doubt that is true. what is with the alpha phi hate??? you know what, don't even answer that because i know you'll get riled up and write about 4 paragraphs that make no sense.

By: ???
by: truth   

It has been discussed many times and admitted by girls who left Alpha Phi because of it. I don't think anyone hates Alpha Phi, in fact, I don't know anyone who even cares how they recruit. Every house is different and every house emphasizes different things in recruitment. It is the absolute truth that Alpha Phi is the only one that recruits for that alone and that was the question asked.

By: truth
#2by:    

EVERY sorority has gorgeous girls as well as some not as cute girls. On social media, they all want to look their best, so most of them will post their most attractive girls when they're all dressed up and wearing full makeup. Very few girls look like that on a day to day basis. During rush, dress cute and present yourself well, but realize looks are only one out of a million things that get considered. Make sure you have good grades and recs, try to connect with girls you know in the houses, and stop worrying.

By: Calm Down
#3by:    

TRUE!! Aphi are the ones that don't care about anything except how you look. But most of the houses look at the whole girl and looks is just one of the things they consider. Nothing against A Phi - that appeals to the guys for sure but doesn't always to appeal to the other girls. HA HA.

By: a phi
by: um....   

This may be the truth, but we're not A Phis so we don't know if that's all they care about. Looking from the outside it may look that way, but it may just be that the girls they get are just like they are and A Phi can't help it. Judge not lest ye be judged.

By: um....
by: ^^   

Looks, outgoing personality and good heart. Actually.

By: ^^
by: Yessir   

Come to campus and walk around some time and you see how foolish your question is.

By: Yessir
by: truth   

It has been discussed many times and admitted by girls who left Alpha Phi because of it. I don't think anyone hates Alpha Phi, in fact, I don't know anyone who even cares how they recruit. Every house is different and every house emphasizes different things in recruitment. It is the absolute truth that Alpha Phi is the only one that recruits for looks alone and that was the question asked.

Hey if you don't know about this, get to know more people. You'll be able to find lots of people who are pretty open about this subject if you get off your phone and talk to people.

By: truth

Before you type:  Please do not post individual names, defaming content, or spam. Remember, cyber bullying can be considered a crime.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.