facebook

dg

by:    

So I was talking to some Alabama DG alums (from way back in the 70s, not newer ones) and they were talking about DG as if it was pretty top tier Old Row back in the day. Why did they have to leave in the first place? These older ladies seem to be in the same social circle as Bama DDD and AGD alums too, so what happened?

Posted By: History
Page 1 of 1
#1by:    

Who cares what happened? The fact of the matter is they came back to campus only 4 years ago, and they still aren't the greatest. Yes they are improving, but their still way at the bottom.

By: Yeah
#2by:    

rumor was they got classified as a brothel and then kicked off campus. they didn't choose to leave

By: they got
by: Ummm   

That was not dg...

By: Ummm
#3by:    

I'm in another sorority and I do not see them at the bottom at all.

By: DG

Before you type:  Please do not post individual names, defaming content, or spam. Remember, cyber bullying can be considered a crime.

Nickname:
by: ...   

One row ladies...

By: ...
by: Says    

The DG alum...

By: Says
by: "other sorority"   

i think you mean dg. stop self ranking it's actually really embarrasing

By: "other sorority"
#4by:    

Sorry, not a DG, an Old row top sorority.

By: DG
#5by:    

I am from OTM in BHM and know of zero DG legacies or alumnae in this area. If they used to be top, I would think some might be around. No offense to them but just stating one perspective from one area that feeds a lot of old row.

By: ...
by: Then   

You are blind. There are plenty.

By: Then
#6by:    

I'm not a DG but my old roommate was! She said that when they had to leave campus in the 70s it was because their numbers were dropping too low. She said that for a while there actually weren't any DG chapters in the state of Alabama at all for the same reason, and I think this one was one of the first to come back but I might be wrong. I had heard the brothel rumor too but when I asked her about it she told me that the current chapter still shares the same name as the original one, and if they had been kicked off campus for bad reasons then that wouldn't be allowed so that's definitely a made up story! Hope that helps

By: answer
by: Nothing but truth   

Bama Kappa rules

By: Nothing but truth
by: Oh yes   

"answer" writes the truth.

By: Oh yes
#7by:    

So low numbers did play a role in DG initially leaving but the final straw was when the older girls basically were pimping out the newest pledge class. I know this because my very good family friend, who is DG and loves it to death, was among the group of girls to restart the chapter here. Though she's never said it outright, she has said "if you hear a rumor about why we left campus it's probably true." It was the 70s, things were crazy, and a lot of sororities were doing stupid, risky things. It just happens that DG got caught. That doesn't make it any less of a sorority and I think they're doing phenomenally for only recently being back on campus.

By: alright
by: ###   

Someone who claimed to be a DG alum posted here that numbers were the main issue but that the final straw was another sorority narking them out because a member had pot in the house.

By: ###

Before you type:  Please do not post individual names, defaming content, or spam. Remember, cyber bullying can be considered a crime.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.