facebook

the rush funnel

by:    

Since this board has clearly been taken over by people who are either bitter about their rush results or naive to how things really work, here is the real deal. Rush is a funnel process; mutual selection means that the most desired houses, typically Old Row + Pi Phi, ADPi and Zeta, make the heavy cuts in the beginning. These houses will release over 1000 pnms the first round and know for the most part who these people are before rush week starts. Basically, those houses tend to do the best at the end of the week and get what they are looking for, where as the others want to make quota.

Level 1:

KD- connections, family reputation, exclusivity

Kappa- connections, family reputation, party people

DDD- connections, family reputations, well-rounded and involved

XO- connections, family reputations, well-rounded, earthy

AXO- connections, attractiveness, grades, involvement

PM- connections, attractiveness, grades, involvement

AGD- connections, well-rounded, involved

Pi Phi- attractiveness, cool-factor, party people

ADPi- grades, involvement

Zeta- attractiveness, party people, would boys like you

----------------------------------------------- -------------------------------------------------- -------
Level 2:

DG, DZ, AOPi, APhi- whoever is decent and still available after level 1 funnel

----------------------------------------------- -------------------------------------------------- -------

Level 3:

Theta, Gamma Phi- making quota

Posted By: truth be told
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 7
#1by:    

This is a honest attempt at providing good information. Imo

By: Ooo
by: Top   

Fair

By: Top
by: Honest Abe and Abby   

"Honest?"
More like honestly self serving. There are plenty of NMs at ALL the houses who are there to "make quota." I've seen a hella lotta people pledge this year who are, frankly, there to fill to quota. Except, odd, how many of those groups who are "other" MORE than fill quota. They go way over.
And your bottom 3 on "Level 1" are totally laughable.
This would have been fine if it was Level 1 with the first 7, and Level 2 with "all the rest of us."

There are really only 2 tiers.
"Us" and "Them."
Or
"Them" and "Us."

By: Honest Abe and Abby
by: Naw   

When has “attractiveness” EVER been a criteria for AXO? If a brown paper bag has over a 4.0 GPA they will take it.

By: Naw
by: Truth   

Maybe a lot of us “thems” didn’t want to be in your “us”. This is the truth from a lot of my convos with NM’s. :)

By: Truth
by: Bump   

Bump-//

By: Bump
#2by:    

coming from a fraternity guy I agree

By: Thankyou
#3by:    

I might be useful to pms if OP elaborated on "connections" and "family reputation", as well as type of "involvement"different houses may look for (like dancers or cheer or service clubs or sga). Thanks

By: Thank You!
by: So true   

This makes the most sense

By: So true
#4by:    

Can you please do the same for the frats?

By: same for the guys
#5by:    

Bump this is good but elaboration would be great. Especially "family reputation" with so many oos. Is this why old row has so many less oos than new row?

By: B
by: ?   

For some reason, everyone says on here that old row doesn't have many out of state. I'm a old row top sorority and its 60% oos and 40% in state, so that stereotype can go.
Family reputation just means like Is your family well known? Are they well off? Will your family understand the importance of Greek life and will they support you throughout it? Will they be able to pay the dues?
All of this is usually stated in your recs. some sororities even look up your address on Google. I couldn't believe that when I heard it either, but it happens.

By: ?
by: backfires   

But be completely honest. yes, old rows have a good amount of oos, but those are mostly from deep south states so the numbers can be deceiving. if you look at the pledge results you will see what I mean. One may have have half OOS, but those OOS are all GA, FL (north not south or central), maybe TX, maybe NC -- with a real paucity of more distant states like Ohio, Illinios, New Jersey, new york. also you might think 60/40 in/out means there is diversity, but not compared to new row that are more like 70/30 or 80/20.

By: backfires
by: ...   

"family reputation" gets to stuff like whether you come from a "brand" family in Alabama or in other areas, if have doctor or lawyer parents that are well regarded, your dad is the president of the local booster club, your mom is in junior league in somewhere. Stuff like that. Relevant for whether you might be expected to stick around longer term, rather than be quick to resign; you may have roots in the region and are likely to be involved with the chapter down the road; you will be a good ambassador for the house in the community and be able to help future actives get jobs and interships.

Its relevant.

By: ...
by: Old Alumna   

"If you look up the pledge results" - I'd love to but since UA doesn't release a pledge list anymore, it's difficult. I did manage to get a full list of everyone who showed up for convocation, but I'm still short of matching everybody to a sorority by looking them up on Facebook and Instagram.
Only about 700 more to go, though!

By: Old Alumna
by: Bye mom   

Ok mom, you do not know what you are talking sbout. Quota numbers, COB numbers, membership size, and chapter grades are on UA Greek grade reports.

By: Bye mom
#6by:    

Agree with this but I think aphi would be more on level 1, because they're a little more picky in the looks department. Just my opinion though!

By: Active
by: Haha   

Absolutely not. Aphi might go for looks, but they DEFINITELY don't go for grades, involvement, connections. Aphi has the lowest sorority gpa with a 2.8, lord no they should not be up there with level 1

By: Haha
by: Well   

Hell, neither does ZTA! They're what, a couple hundredths of a point higher than APhi? Literally the only thing that separates APhi and ZTA is that ZTA was the third house on campus. Otherwise they are two sides of the same coin: hot, dumb, and buck-wild.

By: Well
by: ha ha   

I was about to say that A Phi should be in level 3. They pick girls still left in level 3 that are the best looking, but Theta and Gamma Phi pick the level 3 girls with the best character, involvement, grades, etc. Just personally I'd rather be a Theta or Gamma Phi than an A Phi. Boys would definitely prefer to take an A Phi to a party, but we all know why.

By: ha ha
by: agree   

I agree about Zeta. They should be in level 3 as well. They do look more for connections, but take the wildest, dumbest girls. But it's good for everyone to have a place to go for sure.

By: agree
by: ...   

ZTA just has some sort of vibe and more tradition at UA than APhi. They also end up with a good amount of crimsonettes, some cheer-leaders, beauty queens, dancers, etc. and so the girls have more on the talent and involvement side than the typical APhi.
I think this is why people put them higher.

By: ...
by: Level 3   

They don't just try to make quota because all these houses are taking quota plus. I'd say the level 3 houses are Alpha Phi, Theta, Gamma Phi, DZ, and DG. I think they're all trying to move up and soon we'll just have 2 levels.

By: Level 3
by: Active   

Half of Alpha Phi is the stereotypical beautiful sorority girl, the other half they cover. They rarely cut anyone through rush. Not saying they aren’t a great fit for some pnms, but let’s not put them on the same level as the old row sororities, zeta, or even adpi.

By: Active
by: HAHAHAHA   

I laugh every time I come on this site and see a person try to classify every single woman in a sorority hahahahaha. Oh she’s in sorority XYZ? oH ShOoT sHe mUSt bE DuMb and bUcK-WiLD :O What a joke this site is

By: HAHAHAHA
#7by:    

Bump

By: bump
by: mmm   

and bump again

By: mmm
by: Bump   

Bump again and again

By: Bump
#8by:    

Good but I think grades are a big factor in AGD

By: active

Before you type:  Please do not post individual names, defaming content, or spam. Remember, cyber bullying can be considered a crime.

Nickname:
by: Agd   

Yes grades big for Agd. Really, grades are important to everyone.

By: Agd
by: AGD   

Grades are very important

By: AGD
#9by:    

top top top

By: lllooo
#10by:    

bump

By: 345564564

Before you type:  Please do not post individual names, defaming content, or spam. Remember, cyber bullying can be considered a crime.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.