facebook

hazing

by: rushee

How bad is hazing for frats?

Posted By: rushee
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 2
#1  by: ...   

I mean...... It's bad. Really bad. Isn't that obvious? They beat you up, embarrass you, make you be practically a slave, don't let you hardly ever sleep, make you eat awful things, drink until you're almost dead, smoke cigs

By: ...
by: Really?Jul 13, 2015 12:39:12 PM

Bump

By: Really?
by: @reallyJul 13, 2015 3:27:43 PM

Yes. There is a reason pledgeship is described as probably the hardest thing you've ever done. Its physically and mentally straining

By: @really
by: hahahaa Aug 7, 2016 3:50:51 PM

Yeeeee new boys y'all are gonna find out soon enough.

By: hahahaa
#2  by: drew   

Some houses have legitimate, challenging pledgeships. By activation, their letters are earned. Which may not include hazing, per se. ATO, Lambda Chi, and now Sigma Chi have ridiculously easy and stupid pledge programs for cupcakes. Take your choice.

By: drew
by: 3putkingJul 13, 2015 1:50:08 PM

So - in your opinion - who earns their letters?

By: 3putking
by: PepperslawJul 13, 2015 9:24:28 PM

Mostly it is not talked about much in open air but innuendo has implied DKE and KA have had "interesting" pledgeships in the past. SAE, too but maybe no longer. Don't really know because many of their traditions are internal.

By: Pepperslaw
by: generally speakingJul 15, 2015 1:21:17 AM

The old row houses and the top new row houses have the worst pledgeship generally speaking. Some much worse than others. The other house may have one or two stupid things people interpret as "hard" but they're nothing like SNU, DKE, KA traditions you hear about. Hell some of the new row fraternities like OX and ΠKA have had serious penalties for being tough on pledges. But the worse the pledgeship, generally the better the fraternity and brotherhood.

By: generally speaking
by: For real Aug 25, 2019 9:28:18 AM

Yep. Guys i hang out with say this exact thing and it is obvious as me and my friends move around among groups of guys

By: For real
by: CoolOct 24, 2019 9:28:34 PM

Lambda chi has intense hazing trust me I have a roommate there!

By: Cool
#3  by: And   

What do you mean by earning? It's one thing to have to do a bunch of things for actives or each stupid stuff but I'd rather not be sent to the emergency room and have to smoke.

By: And
by: @AndJul 13, 2015 3:30:32 PM

Im telling you now. You will be hazed if you join a machine affiliated house. Join ATO or Sig Ep if you can't handle that

By: @And
by: SoooJul 13, 2015 4:50:55 PM

Are there sororities that are affiliated with the machine?

By: Sooo
by: Deep Down In ItJul 13, 2015 6:25:03 PM

Wuss King, look hard at new row. There you probably won't have to smoke. You sound like ATO material.

By: Deep Down In It
by: YesJul 14, 2015 3:22:50 PM

there are sororities that are affiliated with the machine. But, at least to my knowledge, none of the sororities haze their new girls

By: Yes
by: stupidJul 14, 2015 6:51:29 PM

y'all are idiots if you don't think sororities haze

By: stupid
by: OkJul 14, 2015 9:55:35 PM

Which sororities are machine affiliated?

By: Ok
by: KJul 14, 2015 10:32:52 PM

Almost all sororities are machine affiliated except like theta and APHI or DG maybe? I'm not sure I know it's like 4 sororities that aren't.

By: K
by: StopJul 15, 2015 1:23:51 AM

If you can't smoke a cigarette or dip you need to go Jefferson or ATO. You'll get ground down by pledgeship in any good fraternity if your comments are any indication.

By: Stop
by: Some Jul 15, 2015 10:41:50 AM

Some houses on Jefferson haze their pledges something fierce. You have no idea. ^^^

By: Some
by: okokJul 15, 2015 6:30:50 PM

all of the sororities except for Gamma Phi, Theta, and SDT are in the machine

By: okok
by: For real Aug 25, 2019 9:29:47 AM

Sorority here don’t haze. Our recruitment is crazy enough

By: For real
#4  by: Capt. Xpectation   

You can expect a challenging pledgship in every Old Row house, including Phi Delt. You can also expect a challenigng experience in these New Row houses, OX, Pi Kapp, Beta, Delt, Pike, DX, KS Society.
Whether or not a house hazes or how badly doesn't mean it's a good fraternity or better however. There are very good houses with less strenuous pledgeships.

By: Capt. Xpectation
by: UAMay 18, 2018 4:06:55 AM

Bump

By: UA
by: hiAug 28, 2019 12:27:24 PM

Gonna bump this real quick

By: hi
by: Biggie BumpAug 30, 2019 9:49:53 PM

Bump

By: Biggie Bump
#5  by: Guy   

It's hardly anything and probably is not technically hazing.

By: Guy
#6  by: Greek Guru   

If you are ready to move beyond high school look into one of the "mature" fraternities without a two tier pledgeship. Both Lambda Chi and Sig Ep treat you with respect from day one. These two fraternities are the largest and fastest growing fraternities in the nation. The fraternities that haze hard like DKE, PIKE are all dying nationally with more closed than open chapters. It is just a matter of time before they also fold at UA

By: Greek Guru
#7  by: Guyy   

At this point in time, hazing has diluted itself a lot from what it used to be. Not to say you won't get hit or be told to drink something anymore, but for the most part, the houses at Alabama all have pretty similar pledge ships that do not include paddling or swimming across the Black Warrior. Most people would say that their house has the hardest pledge ship because that is what they went through and do not actually know about anything else. Most of what you hear about pledge ship is rumors. The reality is, you can make it through any program. Do not choose a fraternity based on the fear of having to do something stupid during an 8 week period. With the exception of a few specific things here and there, every house runs pretty much the same programs.

By: Guyy
by: LmaoApr 25, 2017 4:27:08 PM

8 week period?? Hell, used to be damn near 8 months.

By: Lmao
by: idkApr 25, 2017 5:59:07 PM

The university won't let pledgeship last longer than 8 weeks, though most fraternities will still consider them pledges until they are initiated, and will likely still be hazed until they are initiated or until there is a new pledge class. I think they got "8 weeks" from the university's rules on it/what their own fraternity has said about it.

By: idk
#8  by: so   

whos the worst out of dke, ka, phi gam, or sae?

By: so
by: SnuAug 24, 2019 8:54:22 PM

Snu is

By: Snu
#9  by: Active   

hazing is part of frat life, and every frat does it. tough, but its true

By: Active
#10  by: girthy_gun61   

hi i lookng 4 frat anee suggestions?

By: girthy_gun61

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.