facebook

pageant girls

by:    

I have noticed on social media (like the UA19 FB page) that there are a lot of very pretty PNMs that are very obviously pageant girls. Are there some houses that really like pageant girls in particular, or sort of shun them? Looks like ZTA, Phi Mu and A Phi have a fair amount of those types. Just wondering because I don't do pageants and think pageant girls are annoying.

Posted By: UA19RTR
Page 1 of 2
#1by:    

K then go gamma phi. Because every sorority gets pageant girls.

By: ...
by: what?   

G Phis have pageant girls too. I think they're everywhere.

By: what?
by: LOL   

^^^ Loser or troll.

By: LOL
by: seriously?   

You really have no idea what you are talking about. I know 3 girls, including a gamma phi president, who do pageants and do very well.
Also there are so many different types of pageants and types of pageant girls. One of the most diverse, and the one that I have experience with is the Miss America system. You know, the SCHOLARSHIP and not quote on quote beauty pageant. this system has so many girls with different backgrounds, talents and interests, that it is not fair to type cast all of them. Or other pageant girls for that matter too!
There are tons of girls who do pageants that are in sororities, and tons who aren't. And contrary to what you may think, they can talk about things OTHER than their pageants. So please, don't judge all of these amazing girls based off of one or two stereotypes and encounters that you may have heard of. Because it is quite likely that you will have girls that you meet at rush, in classes and at bama in general who do pageants, but if you are lucky enough to get a bid, there will be a girl either in your pledge class/sorority that will either do pageants, have done pageants, or be a current titleholder. So have fun dealing with all of us "annoying pageant girls"!

By: seriously?
#2by:    

Judging girls that do pageants is what is annoying. Everyone brings their own background and interests and many PNMs come from parts of the country where pageants are very common and provide a lot of benefits like scholarships and opportunities to perform and refine important life skills. I strongly encourage you to check the attitude and keep an open mind about every house and every girl you meet. Pageant girls usually have a lot going for them and they do very well in recruitment. Like the post above says, you might want to just focus on GPhiB if you don't like being around pageant girls -- and even they probably have them. Plus, every house would be glad to have some Miss Alabama (or whatever state) contenders wearing their letters.

By: @UA19RTR
by: @what   

G Phi defense is on the prowl!! I'm in a fraternity and the G Phis I met were more likely to win first place at the county fair, not a beauty pageant.

By: @what
by: above   

Hey, I wrote that not to defend GPB (after all the original post said she wanted to stay away from pageant girls!) but to say stop generalizing about stuff unless you know it to be true. I personally know a girl that makes the statement that GPB has not pageant girls untrue. There may be others, but I don't know or care enough to find out. I just think the lies on this site get out of hand so when I see something I know is wrong I correct it. I do that for every house where I see a problem. So don't blame some poor GPB for my statement. I don't have a dog in this fight. Just to clarify.

By: above
#3by:    

As a non-pageant person myself, I kinda get what you are suggesting. But you need to get over it. If you are too cool to hang out with girls that do (or might do, you don't really know) pageants, then you are totally going to the wrong school and the greek system at UA may not be your bag. Just sayin. There are California, Florida, Georgia, Alabama, Texas girls all over this place and those states have pretty big pageant stuff and it is not, unlike in the northeast and maybe the midwest, unusual for a girl to enter those contests. No house is filled with them, though. I know ZTA and Phi Mu have a bunch of them, along with dancers and other such types. If you don't like them, then don't hang out with them.

By: lol
#4by:    

Good looking is a plus anywhere. :)

By: Billy
by: Trolly   

Has to be a troll

By: Trolly
#5by:    

Look, I'm from Texas, but I literally knew no one from High School who did pageants. They're more of a thing that girls from small towns or suburbs do. It was definitely a culture shock to see those kinds of girls here, but I got over it. Think of them as you would cheerleaders, soccer, tennis, lacrosse, or volleyball players. They work really hard for their activity and want to show off, which is normal. You've just got to accept that pageant girls are a part of Alabama. I don't like it either but they're just 10% of sororities if you think about it.

By: Me
#6by:    

This is just a good spot to remind pnms not to judge or form attitudes on what "type" of people or groups you don't like. Keep open mind. For every girl annoyed by girls who do beauty contests, somebody else "can't stand" cheerleaders, another is convicted girls who play sports are not cool, or those that were on the math team are total geeks. Get out of that mind set. You will find a whole new world.

By: ,,,
#7by:    

You don't even know those girls! How do you know that you won't like their personality? It isn't like the only conversations you can have with them are about their pageants. They would be like any other friend or sister, but that is what they're into. It's basically their sport.

All of our houses are going to have pageant girls. But it isn't like they walk around the house with their Miss ____ sash on! They're just normal girls. Don't worry about it. There are so many girls in every house that it is possible that you may not even be great friends with the pageant girls in your house. You just never know.

By: pageant girlz
#8by:    

Alpha Phi? Lol

By: What
#9by:    

Alpha gam and alpha chi had girls in miss alabama this year. Phi Mu had a girl who won miss Alabama last year. These three and zeta are probably the most "pageant heavy" houses.

By: I would say
by: 0.0   

Pretty good testimony that pageant girls do okay in recruitment.

By: 0.0
#10by:    

Ive won many pageants and I didn't include them on my resume because of people like you . I am a person just like you. I might be able to walk across a stage better or have a better interview but basically I eat, sleep and study just like you. I don,t feel like pageants made me the person I am but I don't feel like they have hurt me either. Yes, I guess I am pretty but so are a lot of girls who are not in pageants so get a grip you could be my pledge sister and not even know.

By: pnm

Before you type:  Please do not post individual names, defaming content, or spam. Remember, cyber bullying can be considered a crime.

Nickname:

Before you type:  Please do not post individual names, defaming content, or spam. Remember, cyber bullying can be considered a crime.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.