facebook

bid

by: PNM

Will Coming from up north hurt my chances of getting a bid?

Posted By: PNM
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: Active   

No

By: Active
#2  by: Up North?   

And you chose Alabama? You're too stupid for a bid.

By: Up North?
by: @Up North?Apr 16, 2015 1:51:46 PM

Tell that to the just announced Goldwater Scholarship recipient from Illinois, who is a Bama Theta....

By: @Up North?
by: @Up North?Apr 16, 2015 1:55:02 PM

The Barry M. Goldwater Scholarship and Excellence in Education Program was established by the United States Congress in 1986 in honor of former United States Senator and 1964 presidential candidate Barry Goldwater, a Republican from Arizona. Its goal is to provide a continuing source of highly qualified scientists, mathematicians, and engineers by awarding scholarships to college students who intend to pursue careers in these fields.

The Scholarship—the most prestigious undergraduate award given in the sciences—is awarded to about 300 college sophomores and juniors nationwide. A maximum of $7500 per academic year is granted. The scholarship is awarded based on merit, and the actual amount given is based on financial need.

By: @Up North?
by: I'll addApr 16, 2015 2:42:56 PM

As an alum of this great school, the scholarship awards for next year have been posted. Tons of OOS students received top scholarships. BAMA Greek life should be more welcoming and thankful for it. I can assure you many of these fine young ladies and men will rush.

By: I'll add
by: ^^^Apr 16, 2015 3:37:06 PM

Where did you find the posted scholarship awards?

By: ^^^
by: AwardsApr 19, 2015 8:44:13 AM

The scholarship recipients can be found on the Alabama alumni association web page. You should also note that many recipients are children of alumni and they live ALL OVER the U.S.

People do leave the state and have successful lives. Lol.

By: Awards
#3  by: Yowza   

Being a Yankee won't hurt you. Be nice, get your recs, have good grades. Stay open to any of the sororities - they're all top chapters within their groups. Some do pledge 70 - 85% Alabama girls, but that's just a handful. Most of open to grils from anywhere.
The only thing is, you may have people who ask for a rec to tell you that you don't need one. At UA, you DO need a rec. It's best to get one from your hometown, or someone who actually knows you or your family.

By: Yowza
by: YowzaApr 18, 2015 5:05:11 PM

Yankee = anyone not from the South. Term includes mid-westerners, every state except Arkansas, Alabama, Texas (mostly east Texas), Kentucky, Georgia, Virginia, North Carolina, South Carolina, Louisiana, Mississippi, Tennessee. Anything in Florida from Gainesville south is considered "Yankeeland." Sorry, Missouri and Maryland are not considered Southern. At least in Alabama. Residents of Cary NC need to be careful, too.
Kidding!

By: Yowza
#4  by: Northerner   

No. I'm from way up north and I'm In an old row sorority with mostly alabama girls.

By: Northerner

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.