facebook

answer please

by:    

which sororities are the most northern?

Posted By: hi
Page 1 of 1
#1by:    

Although I am a pnm and do not know the inner workings of the Greek system, I did go to the Spring Teas. Most of the actives I spoke with from various houses were from the north east. A few from the Chicago area as well. Only a handful were from Alabama and some from the south. I don't think you need to worry about being out of place, assuming you are from the north.

By: Pnm
by: Active   

Most of the houses are majority southern, so you must have just gotten a lot of northern girls. To the OP I wouldn't really worry about it but if you do end up in a traditional house just know you might not ever hold a position or break into some of the friend groups.

By: Active
by: Isez   

60% of the entire campus is OOS, so more than likely you'll talk to someone from OOS. I think you just noticed a lot of northerners. Most of the OOS kids are Georgia, Florida, Texas.

By: Isez
by: @Active   

Several executive positions in "traditional" sororities are held by out of state out of South members. Making blanket statements without facts is not helpful to PNMs.

By: @Active
#2by:    

Has a lot of OOS/non-Southern members, including quite a few from Chicago.

By: Pi Phi
by: True   

I think they have more OOS ladies than any other house, and most are from the north.

By: True
#3by:    

Theta and pi phi

By: Northern
#4by:    

a phi

By: i think
#5by:    

Pretty much:

Pi Phi
A Phi
Zeta
G Phi
DZ
Theta

By: newrow
#6by:    

If you're from the north you're not going to form lasting friendships with girls whose family friendships go back a couple hundred years. They may hang out with you some, but life long friendships - no. You'll be much better off in a house that has a good national reputation (unlike some of the old row southern houses) and which has girls from all over. This is just from my own experience and that of my friends.

By: just a thought

Before you type:  Please do not post individual names, defaming content, or spam. Remember, cyber bullying can be considered a crime.

Nickname:
by: Southern   

On the Southern girl thing, the actives in the old rows that go long and deep with their relationships probably will not include somebody that is not out of their long-standing circle, really at any point -- but if they do, it will be superficial and you will never REALLY be a close buddy. Just keep your eyes open. The houses that have Southern girls that are genuine and not social climbers, together with a great collection of girls from diverse areas, are excellent. These would be houses like AOPi, ADPi, Theta, Phi Phi, Zeta.

By: Southern

Before you type:  Please do not post individual names, defaming content, or spam. Remember, cyber bullying can be considered a crime.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.