facebook

sorority

by:    

I really loved Alpha Phi at Spring Teas. They were by far my favorite with girls I felt the most alike and at home with. I am worried about their reputation though and the things I read about them. Are a lot of things about them exaggerated or are they really that bad of a chapter?

Posted By: pnm
Page 1 of 1
#1by:    

Alabama sororities LOVE to have a sorority or two or three to kick. If you love the group, feel comfortable and wanted there, then go for it! It'll make very little difference while you're in school and absolutely NO difference after graduation.
You don't want to spend your college years with a group of women just for status. You want REAL friends around you whom you love.
Plus there are still no guarantees for what sorority will bid you.

By: Ohyeah?
#2by:    

They have no respect on campus. The things that are said about them are said for a reason.

By: Yes
by: @3.7 aphi   

in addition to ec are you also the alpha phi greek rank chair?

By: @3.7 aphi
#3by:    

For a group of girls that really care about each other they certainly left one of their new girls out to dry earlier in the year.

By: Hmm
by: Interested parties   

What do you mean by this?

By: Interested parties
#4by:    

Dont have a high national GPA so it's easier to get in.
New house is amazing.
Greek rank said they have pretty girls.
Wonderful national philanthropy.
True on most campuses they are NOT known for being sheltered or prude. LOL

By: They are fine

Before you type:  Please do not post individual names, defaming content, or spam. Remember, cyber bullying can be considered a crime.

Nickname:
#5by:    

While stereotypes are there for a reason, every house has a different personality and I'm sure they are exaggerated in this site. If you love APhi, don't let all of this negativity change your mind. Once you get to bid day you will be with tons other girls who love APhi just as much(if you end up going APhi). Nobody else's opinion should matter but yours.

By: Well...
by: the thing   

the thing is that each PLEDGE CLASS each year at each house will develop sort of a personality of its own. pay attention to your peers that are invited back and coming to the parties as the week unfolds. On preference night really start thinking about whether you see real good friend or girls that you think are really amazing in that group also. talk with them in the down times outside of the house. make friends. the group that you are attracted to may be APhi, AXO or something inbetween. It does not matter what otthers say or tiers, it matters about your thoughts and relationships you want during your college years.

By: the thing
by: Yall...    

good comment @well

It is a taste thing. Opinion. There is not an absolute fact that one is better or worse than another. Think sisterhood. If you are in Greek for status, that is sad.

By: Yall...
#6by:    

They are that bad of a chapter. They have a bad national reputation as a vicious house overly concerned with social climbing. Here they're also a sloppy party house that will do anything to attract guys from top houses. Anything. No one respects them but they do get some pretty girls who don't know better. Many of them drop but some like it.

By: a phi

Before you type:  Please do not post individual names, defaming content, or spam. Remember, cyber bullying can be considered a crime.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.