facebook

bids

by:    

Is being from the north going to hurt my chances of getting a bid from certain sororities?

Posted By: pnm
Page 1 of 1
#1by:    

Yeah.

By: Active
#2by:    

I'm from the north and got plenty of attention

By: active
#3by:    

If it does, screw 'em.

By: Love Lee
#4by:    

No. You'll be fine.

By: Guest
by: IS IT NOT OBVIOUS    

Alabama is in the Deep South, highly doubt you'll have a chance if your from sleezy jersey or dirty Massachusetts..

By: IS IT NOT OBVIOUS
#5by:    

Southern advantage these days really has more to do with the fact that local girls just have more connections. Sure, most houses would pick a southern girl over a northern one with other things equal, but it's not enough of an issue that you'll be cut entirely or anything.

by: active   

Also I would like to include that the sororities that may cut northern girls have pledge classes full of girls who have been friends for ages and lots of legacies and typically southern personalities. This makes it very hard for "outsiders" to get leadership positions, break into groups, etc. I'm not trying to dissuade you from anything but you need to consider what you want out of your experience.

#6by:    

If you're from the north you don't want to be in a typically old South sorority. You would be miserable and an outsider no matter how hard you tried. Choose a house that has a lot of girls from out of state and you'll be happier.

By: well
by: Not true   

Several executive positions in "traditional" sororities are held by out of state, out of South girls. Leadership positions are open to all and the best qualified candidate usually wins, regardless of home state.

By: Not true
#7by:    

I'll re consider going to umass Amherst then........ Thanks

By: PNM
#8by:    

Comment on number 4 ^^^^^ ahahahah

By: Hahahahah
#9by:    

Honestly if you're not rude or annoying then people won't care. If you're a really hot girl with an awesome personality then you'll still get in

By: a

Before you type:  Please do not post individual names, defaming content, or spam. Remember, cyber bullying can be considered a crime.

Nickname:

Before you type:  Please do not post individual names, defaming content, or spam. Remember, cyber bullying can be considered a crime.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.