facebook

spring teas

by:    

Me and my friends are going to the spring teas this weekend and we got invited to majority of the same ones but there is one or two I was not invited too however my friends were, would it be ok if I tagged along with them? They aren't RSVP ones so I don't think the sororites would notice

Posted By: pnm
Page 1 of 1
#1by:    

Plus I want to visit all the soroites I can to meet the girls and figure out which one fits me best

By: pnm

Before you type:  Please do not post individual names, defaming content, or spam. Remember, cyber bullying can be considered a crime.

Nickname:
by: pnm   

As a Pnm, I have heard of people emailing and asking if they could come since they will be going to others, but I wouldn't just "tag along".... We have rush in the fall to see which house fits us best. I am viewing this a an opportunity to meet more girls in each house.

By: pnm
#2by:    

Should I get one of my friends to email them and ask if it was alright if they brought a friend along

By: PNM
by: Pnm   

No.... You should just get their email off the Panhellenic website. Don't make your friend do it for you. Do it for yourself and tell them you'll be attending spring teas, and you'd love to stop by and see their chapter and whatever. I'm not sure how that's viewed in sororities, or if they even care. I didn't do it, but some people have.

By: Pnm
by: Pnm   

I hope that helped! And if they don't respond, I wouldn't freak out. They are probably getting a lot of emails.

By: Pnm
by: Active   

No- rush chairs do not have time to deal with that. It's a day before the parties. Please just go to the parties that you were invited to. It's a little too late to be doing that.

By: Active
#3by:    

No. Don't do this. Sororities have already planned out how much food they will need, how many actives they need in the house, etc. if every pnm had this mindset think about how much that would mess the sorority up.

By: .
#4by:    

If a pnm shows at an rsvp tea and we get her name and it turns out she was not on the invite list it wont be known until maybe after the fact--but then would be noted... and not in a good way unless there was a mistake

By: just sayin
#5by:    

Think about it this way. Even if you showed up uninvited and we liked you, we'd try to get your name so that we could remember you for August. But imagine later trying to match up the name you gave us from the party and the contact info from our party invite list and find that you were never invited? It wouldn't look good for you come August. Don't assume because there isn't a doorman checking your name off a list doesn't mean we won't find out who was uninvited. It's safer to just go to parties you were invited to.

By: Active
#6by:    

some are open houses and they want as many pnms as possible to come to their party. goby what is on the invitation and if no rsvp then probably open house. but don't be afraid to enter a house alone or stay at a party while your friends go to one you were not invited to. you will have to go it alone in recruitment so may as well learn how to stand on your own in this environment. walking around in a pack is not always best

By: I think
by: ...   

just go to the ones you were invited to. you'll see them all during rush anyways.

By: ...

Before you type:  Please do not post individual names, defaming content, or spam. Remember, cyber bullying can be considered a crime.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.