facebook

rush

by: Rush2015

I know Bama rush is incredibly competitive and honestly, I want a sorority to be a big part of my college experience, esp during freshman year. But I only have a 2.98 GPA and know I will be cut from many houses. Is it worth going through rush?

Posted By: Rush2015
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: Jk   

Honestly, that is a low gpa. To get admitted you must of had a strong act or sat. But I won't lie. The houses want girls that have proven academics. At least most of them do and if they have bad gpas they want pledge class to help them improve. So maybe you rock the grades freshman year and pledge next fall , but even the experience is good and might be worth it if you can handle possible rejection on the basis of your high school gpa.

By: Jk
#2  by: O   

I would not Rush with that GPA. You will suffer heavy cuts and that may cause you to miss out on finding the house you truely fit in. Wait until spring or sophomore year.

By: O
by: Agree ^^^Mar 20, 2015 10:01:58 AM

Better to wait.

By: Agree ^^^
#3  by: Duh   

Just lie. They wouldn't know either way.

By: Duh
by: SsghkougMar 20, 2015 8:12:20 PM

Does that work?

By: Ssghkoug
by: @duhMar 20, 2015 8:36:25 PM

no it doesn't work. they were being sarcastic.

By: @duh
#4  by: go for it..   

There are houses that wil take a lower gpa. 3.0 is usually the cut off but if you have a lot of extra curricular activities and interest and friends in houses that will help. I know axo is selective but this past year they took 3.0 girl and a few others just above 3.0. You are just under the gpa that is listed on the website. There was one girl with a 2 .89 that was cut at the beginning but still had great rush and loves her house.

By: go for it..

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.