facebook

sophomore rush

by: Rising Sophomore

I went through recruitment this past fall (as a freshman), but didn't find the right place for me to spend my college years (I was dropped the morning of pref). I was wondering if going through recruitment again (as a sophomore) would be looked down on or would work out in the same way? I would just really appreciate any advice or thoughts on this as I'm trying to decide what to do. Thanks!!

Posted By: Rising Sophomore
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: ua   

Going through recruitment as a sophomore would be VERY difficult. It's not that it's looked down on, it's just that you only have 3 years to dedicate to the sorority while all of the freshmen have 4 years left. If you really feel like you need to, you can go through recruitment again. Be more outgoing and try to better yourself as a PNM. However, realistically speaking, I'd suggest finding other organizations to get involved in.

By: ua
by: Active Mar 16, 2015 11:06:24 PM

I rushed as a junior and I had a great rush experience and have so far has a great experience in my chapter so I totally disagree with what the above poster has said. Yes, Rush can be a little more difficult, but as long as you have good grades and recs, you should be fine. Try and make some connections with girls in your classes, on your hall, etc! But be genuine. Just don't make friends with them because they are in a sorority, find girls that you genuinely would like to call your sosters.

By: Active
#2  by: ...   

I totally disagree with the above poster. I know girls who rushed as a sophomore and are super involved in their sororities and love it. Also, chapters are required to take a certain number of upperclassmen!

By: ...
by: Active Mar 16, 2015 11:06:59 PM

Agreed! There are lots of upperclassmen who go through recruitment and have successful experiences

By: Active
#3  by: Not rude   

Did you drop, or did you just not like your pref party invitations?
Listen, as an upperclassman, you can't be picky. Don't be turning your nose up at the so-called "lower tier" groups, thinking they're too good for you. Remember, those groups have a lot of high-achieving women as members.
And they're in a sorority. You're not.

By: Not rude
by: OPMar 17, 2015 9:24:16 AM

I didn't drop myself, I was dropped by my last 2 houses. I try to pay no attention to the "tiers" of the houses, I just wanted to find a home away from home with like-minded girls.

By: OP
by: Not rudeMar 18, 2015 1:21:04 AM

That's good. You should be fine, then. Too many girls claim they were dropped when they were only dropped by the sororities they deem "worthy" of their sorry rears.

By: Not rude
#4  by: OP   

Thank you for your thoughts and advice!!

by: Do it!Mar 17, 2015 9:44:34 PM

Good luck! I say go for it. You will always wonder if you don't try. If it doesn't work out, then join other organizations that you think you'll enjoy.

By: Do it!
#5  by: A   

Good luck and don't forget your recs. Make sure rec writers are aware of the deadlines.

By: A
#6  by: OP   

Thank y'all so much!! Now I'm excited to try again!!

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.