facebook

dorms

by:    

What dorms are the best (most social, and eventful) and if you are rushing does it matter if you are in Tut or not... What are the benefits in being in Tut

Posted By: Gal
Page 1 of 1
#1by:    

No dorms are THAT social. The new dorms have private rooms, and some people complain that they never see anybody. People go in their rooms and don't come out. There's no one place to see everybody. Traditional dorms are a little bit better - you do see people in the hall bathrooms at least.
Rushing - the advantage of Tutwiler (a traditional, female-only dorm) is that it's very close to Sorority Row. There are communal bathrooms (don't turn up your nose - you don't have to clean the bathroom and paper products are provided) and two-person rooms. Not a lot of privacy.
But Tutwiler is big, and if you live on an upper floor, you spend a lot of time waiting for an elevator.
Don't forget Parham. It's female only, and it's a smaller traditional dorm. It's also next door to the row. Both Tutwiler and Parham are close to Mary Burke dining hall, which is the second best food service location on campus.
Disadvantage of the new dorms is the distance from sorority row.
Which dorm is "best" is up to you.

By: Well
#2by:    

I lived in Presidential. At first, I kind of wished I had lived in Tut because my pledge sisters all bonded there, and they seemed like they became better friends, but I just started spending more time at the house and made a genuine effort. In the end, it really didn't matter because I made the effort. Looking back, I'm really glad that I didn't live in Tut. I stayed in shape from walking back and forth, plus I got the privacy of my own room. On the days where I just REALLY didn't want to walk, I just asked my roommates to drive me, and I drove them to their houses. It wasn't a big deal at all.

By: Guest

Before you type:  Please do not post individual names, defaming content, or spam. Remember, cyber bullying can be considered a crime.

Nickname:

Before you type:  Please do not post individual names, defaming content, or spam. Remember, cyber bullying can be considered a crime.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.