facebook

junior transfer

by:    

I'm going to be transferring to Alabama next year from a small school in New Jersey and was wondering if I would have any chance getting a bid to fraternity as a junior? Given the fact that I will be at bama for at least three years

Posted By: Jm
Page 1 of 1
#1by:    

wondering the same.

By: bump
#2by:    

I will admit it, a lot of the houses will be turned off by this. And being from New Jersey doesn't help your case either. However, you still have a chance to get a bid and pledge. You'd obviously have to be cool with being hazed by guys who're younger than you. Register with IFC so all of the fraternities have access to your information and get in contact with chapters you'd be interested in

By: ..

Before you type:  Please do not post individual names, defaming content, or spam. Remember, cyber bullying can be considered a crime.

Nickname:
#3by:    

I don't think it is a secret southerners are not fans of Yankees, however there are plenty of people here from up north who are part of our Greek system. So yes you def have a great shot at joining one! Honesty, the part about you being a jr is not as big of a deal as the NJ part, so don't worry about that too much. I am confident you will find a good fraternity if you just do your part. Here's what you need to do: contact UA IFC and get the contact info for the rush chairman of each fraternity. Contact the fraternities now, don't wait. It is prob best to call or text, but call and email and tell them your interested. They will give you a list of rush events. Make sure you attend. Some are already having rush parties but even if you can't attend now go as soon as you get here. If you are confident and reach out you will find a house that is a perfect match for you! Even if you are a Yankee ;) Good luck, I'm sure you will do great and welcome to UA!

By: Oldrowgirl

Before you type:  Please do not post individual names, defaming content, or spam. Remember, cyber bullying can be considered a crime.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.