facebook

rush

by:    

so I'm pretty, have a lot of rec letters and other things but my gpa is 2.7. I have no chance getting a bid at any sorority?

Posted By: 19
Page 1 of 1
#1by:    

Pretty much no chance at all

By: Active
#2by:    

Girl, I was out of state from the north with a 2.5 gpa and still got a good house, just present yourself really well during recruiment, get Recs, have an open mind and don't listen to people that will bring you down (:

By: ...

Before you type:  Please do not post individual names, defaming content, or spam. Remember, cyber bullying can be considered a crime.

Nickname:
by: Active    

This is the exception to the rule. Do not believe that you will be the exception to the rule. Yes, you can do all of those things but your grades make everything else much worse. Sincerely I wish you good luck if you attempt to go through recruitment! But you will get cut very heavily and not have much option no matter what/

By: Active
by: 19   

thank you for being almost the only positive and encouraging person on this site.

By: 19
by: .   

What house did you get into?

By: .
by: yea no   

sorry to burst your bubble but this story is 100% false. NO NO NO house will take a 2.5, especially from the north? I'm sorry who do you think you're fooling lol I'm sure you're just trying to make her feel good but it's a waste of everyone's time and if anything you're hurting every potential pnm in her situation with false hope. @ OP, sorry, you will not get any house during rush, try spring rushing or your sophomore year.

By: yea no
by: ...   

Now you're calling me liar? I would never try to get a PNM's hopes up, yeah it may not be too common but it happened. OP, don't let these get get you down, do what you this is right if you want to take the chances like I did and rush then go for it, it could work out for the best! But if you choose to wait until spring or next fall than that's ok but make sure it your choice not these girl on this stupid site

By: ...
#3by:    

I'm from the north and had an unweighted 2.77 GPA with recs to every house but three and a lot of extracurriculars. Just a fair warning, you WILL get dropped by many houses the first two rounds but you will end up getting into a great house because every house at Alabama is great. Keep your head up and put your best foot forward during recruitment and you'll do fine!

By: active
#4by:    

If I were you, I would wait until sophomore year to rush. MAYBE you'll end up getting into a house, and maybe not, but if you wait, you will have more options and more opportunity to find a house you truly feel at home in.
Also if you can only handle a 2.7 in high school, college is going to be a rough time for you at first anyway, and I doubt you'll be able to handle the extra time commitments.

By: Guest
#5by:    

They take girls as low as 2.2

By: Alpha Phi

Before you type:  Please do not post individual names, defaming content, or spam. Remember, cyber bullying can be considered a crime.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.