facebook

rushing

by:    

For the past 3 years I have been surrounded and involved with Greek Life due to friends and family friends. Now that it is my time to shine it's kind of ruined for me. Ever since I found out I got into Alabama I have been slacking in school and do not meet the requirements. Money isnt the issue, my GPA is. I went from a 3.0 to a 2.38 real quick. Any advice besides focusing in school? I really do not want to rush in the spring, I feel like it's not the same. Please help.

Posted By: Freshman 19'
Page 1 of 1
#1by:    

I'm sorry, but you will not get a bid with a gpa like that. If you cannot make a 3.0 in high school, you definitely will not be able to make one in college. Your best bet is to get good grades freshman year and either do spring COB (if any houses even do it) or wait until the next fall and rush as a sophomore. Honestly, with a gpa that bad, those are your only options--straight up. I'm not trying to be mean but there is literally no chance you will get a bid with a 2.3 in high school. Grades and scholarship are a very important part of being in a sorority. It's not just parties and social events and if you can't meet that requirement, you will not get a bid. There are 2000+ girls that rush at Alabama and 1500 of them have above a 3.0, some even above a 4.0. You'd literally have to be the daughter of the President of the United States to get accepted with a gpa like that.

By: Active

Before you type:  Please do not post individual names, defaming content, or spam. Remember, cyber bullying can be considered a crime.

Nickname:

Before you type:  Please do not post individual names, defaming content, or spam. Remember, cyber bullying can be considered a crime.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.