facebook

oos

by:    

I'm from out of state and I'm starting to look for recs! Can we ask current members of a sorority or do they have to be alumnae? And where are other places to get recs if we can't find a lot? Do they make a significant difference during your rush if you do or don't have any?!

Posted By: Pnm
Page 1 of 1
#1by:    

This helps. I'm not sure where you are from but my fairly large high school oos had a list of all the senior moms and their sororities. My mom also had lists from other grades. I was also in a service organization that had a list of all the moms and their sororities. We just went through and listed for each sorority the moms who knew me best. Your local Panhellenic can help you find recs, too. If your school doesn't do this you can ask your neighbors, friends at church, etc.

By: Hope

Before you type:  Please do not post individual names, defaming content, or spam. Remember, cyber bullying can be considered a crime.

Nickname:
#2by:    

Alumnae preferred, and some sororities require alumnae recs.
NOT having them WILL make a difference.
Having them is sort of a first hurdle.
Teachers, friends' parents, neighbors, women at church, where you work or volunteer...ask your mom to post on her Facebook page. If you find one sorority woman, ask if she knows women in other sororities.
See if you have an alumnae panhellenic in or near your town that could help.

By: Mine
#3by:    

Thanks this helps a lot!

By: Pnm
#4by:    

Does it look better if the recommendations are from a woman that was in a traditionally strong or top house? Or is that not even looked at? Like the difference between getting a rec from a Theta at the University of Texas vs one from a Theta at Ole Miss. I really want to know for recs from people that are not from UA.

By: top house?
by: Active   

First of all, that comes across as kind of rude, but no. Any rec will do as long as it's from an alum in good standing. It's better to have a rec from an alum of the alabama chapter or someone that you know prrsonally. Other than that, any rec will do.

By: Active

Before you type:  Please do not post individual names, defaming content, or spam. Remember, cyber bullying can be considered a crime.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.