facebook

recs

by:    

When should we start getting our recs sent in?

Posted By: Pnm
Page 1 of 1
#1by:    

Early June.

By: Connect
#2by:    

I would start earlier, it takes a ton of time and recs are due in july. Start making a list of who can write you a rec for EVERY house. ask around and get addressses. Then when you have all or a good amount make packets and send them your resume,photo, etc.. seriously it is not to early to send them in during late march... I did and had an excellent rush! Good luck!

By: honestly
by: Mine   

In your packet:
1. Resume
2. One or two photos, in everyday clothing. Make sure your face is visible and easily seen - they do use these for identification.
3. High school (or transfer) transcript.

4. After a couple of weeks, follow up with a sweetly written thank-you note. This will show your rec writer how refined you are, and also be a little reminder to send off the recommendation!

By: Mine
#3by:    

As a member of rec committee for my sorority, send them in after school gets out, before July though. It's really annoying and over eager to be getting in recs in March when recruitment doesn't start till August. The only reason they tell you to send them in by July is to make sure they are there before sisterhood/work week, which is the week before recruitment when we start seriously looking at recs.

By: Active

Before you type:  Please do not post individual names, defaming content, or spam. Remember, cyber bullying can be considered a crime.

Nickname:
by: Pnm   

What is the proper amount of recs I should have for each house without looking like I'm trying too hard?

By: Pnm
by: Active    

Two at most. One is all you really need.

By: Active
by: Mine   

The extra one in case the first one forgets or puts it off too long.

BUT - don't turn down anyone who offers to write you a rec! If they are nice enough to do it, don't be mean and discourage them!

By: Mine
by: I know   

If you get one strong rec from an alum from Alabama or served on nationals for heir sorority it's fine, but they're right don't turn down anyone, especially if you can get two strong ones written. No more than two, they wont really pay attention to them and it's a lot considering how many girls go through and send in ones

By: I know

Before you type:  Please do not post individual names, defaming content, or spam. Remember, cyber bullying can be considered a crime.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.