facebook

rush

by:    

What are the hardest sororities to get into?

Posted By: Pnm
Page 1 of 1
#1by:    

Alpha gam, alpha chi, chi o, and TRI Delt are all the hardest to get into If you don't already have connections. Kappa, KD, phi mu, zeta, Pi phi, and alpha phi are also hard to get into but they take a lot of out of state girls and are more open to discoveries

By: Every house basically
by: pnm   

Is it still possible to get into those sororities without connections?

By: pnm
by: Pnm   

How are they hard to get into?

By: Pnm
by: Connect   

AGD, AXO, XO, DDD, KKG, KD, PM - you MUST have connections. They also cherry pick a few with tip top grades or accolades.
The rest - you have a chance of a chance.
IF - and only if - you have the grades.

By: Connect
by: Connect   

Cuz if you have a 2.8, you'd better either be drop-dead beauty queen gorgeous and/or have oodles of money. And even that didn't help last year for one particular PNM.

By: Connect
by: Pnm   

Why are they hard to get into?

By: Pnm
by: Bc   

The reason why these are considered top sororities is because they don't take risks. They don't take grade risks, reputation risks, financial risks. They rush girls who they know all around and know wouldn't pull the sorority down. That's why it's important to have connections in these old row top tier houses, because you're not worth the risk if you don't.

By: Bc
by: .   

Phi Mu definitely took a grade risk in 2012. She's dating a baseball player who's a Phi Gam

By: .
by: Oh?   

ChiO took a BIG grade risk in 2013. Her grades are OK - not up to ChiO level - but she's caused a LOT of drama.

By: Oh?
#2by:    

What if were out of state? What would be the best way to get into one of those houses?

#3by:    

I would say top three hardest to get into: AXO, KD, Phi Mu.
AXO and phi Mu are probably the most selective. AXO because of grades and Phi Mu because of looks and money. But KD is selective because of "tradition" of southern MB girls.

By: Guest
by: KD gives out   

a large number of snap bids. What this indicates is that they choose who they want from a small pool and have to back fill the pledge class from the leftovers from every other house. I wouldn't say that makes them terribly selective - just picky about a small number of their pledge class.

By: KD gives out
by: BUT   

Tradition is the only thing KD has to ride on. Their recent pledge classes are nothing like they've been in the past. They're top middle tier at best.

By: BUT
by: Ha!   

I'm from the tri- state area, and if you are a Northener you know what that means...anyway people down here don't know what real money is...
Mountain Brook is our lower teir! So let them think they are wealthy. I find it hilarious, if these simple people knew how hurtful their words were. Don't buy into the bull --it ! I feel bad for these southern girls,they are at their peek sitting in their "old row house" ..... Hilarious!

By: Ha!

Feel bad for us if you want, Yankee girl, you still ain't gettin' in. Money don't buy everything, sweetie.

#4by:    

Hands down, Alpha Chi and Phi Mu. Alpha Chi is weirdly selective about grades and accolades/involvement. Phi Mu is weirdly selective about money and looks.
Aside from those two, I would say Tri-Delt is fairly selective as well as Chi O. Chi O has a TON of legacies go through each year and that alone makes it competitive, but I wouldn't say they're to the caliber of AXO and PM.

By: Guest
by: Phi Mu   

Is definitely a top house when it comes to looks, grades, and involvement, but I don't know why people go on about how rich they are when they're no wealthier than girls in any other house. They draw much more from places like Hoover, Trussville, and Vestavia than they do from MB, Mobile, etc.

By: Phi Mu
by: tacky   

why are you so sure that Vestavia and Hoover don't have money? Tacky subject, but Shelby County is most affluent in state and well, Mtn.Brook isn't in Shelby County. Shoal Creek, Chelsea, Hoover are in Shelby County. Liberty Park is in Vestavia, not in Mtn.Brook. Because of busing order that went in place in 1960's Mtn. Brook hasn't been able to take in all those fab neighborhoods that have been built cause they are legally prevented from expanding city limits.

By: tacky
#5by:    

So what if were out of state? What would be the best way to get into one of those houses?

by: There are   

Other OOS girls even in these top, super selective houses. Know one of those girls.

By: There are
by: OOS   

I was out of state and I won't say what I ended up pledging but I was only dropped by one house during recruitment and it was because I didn't send in a Rec. You can have a successful rush from OOS.

By: OOS
#6by:    

Tridelt and chi o are because they have the highest return rates (meaning percentage of pnms who want to go back next round of rush), both of them are around 99%. 99% of pnms want to return to these houses. This means they drop a looooot of girls.

By: Being technical

Before you type:  Please do not post individual names, defaming content, or spam. Remember, cyber bullying can be considered a crime.

Nickname:
by: Incorrect   

Neither of those houses had the highest return rates. One house had 100% last year.

By: Incorrect
by: wow   

Which house had a return rate of 100%?

By: wow
by: incorrect   

AChiO did. my friend from my hometown is one and so they had to cut a lot of girls so i didn't get in.

By: incorrect
by: not true   

I dont know where you are getting your information but alpha chi and alpha gam had the highest return rate of all the houses last rush

By: not true

A high return rate means a sorority will have to release more girls EARLIER IN THE RECRUITMENT PERIOD. As you get to the end of rush, the release rates begin to even out among all groups.

#7by:    

greek life tends to glorify country bumpkins.
Get real, they don't want to open the small minds or explore the world, fine. You will be happier going with a hose of real girls that don't judge. Go too a house with variety were you can spend spring break in FL or CA, winter break in Aspen or Vale. Summer in Cape Cod or Hamptons.

We have 50 wonder states, don't stick to just one. Almost every National Sorority is here at BAMA. Giving you the chance to have tons of friends all over the Nation.

Be yourself and find ppl you want to be friends with for 4 years or life.

By: BAMA

Before you type:  Please do not post individual names, defaming content, or spam. Remember, cyber bullying can be considered a crime.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.