facebook

pnm

by:    

So I'm not a legacy and I don't have any connections at Alabama but rushing is something that I've always looked forward to. I would consider myself a "basic" sorority girl I guess. I have a 4.7 GPA and I'm out-of-state. What are my chances of getting a bid? If I do, would it likely be in a low tier sorority?

Posted By: UA'19
Page 1 of 1
#1by:    

If you have a 4.7 and aren't really weird someone will like you and give you a bid and if it's lower tier be greatful because there's a lot of girls who will get dropped all together. Just go through rush and see what happens asking these kinds of questions on here won't help you.

By: Relax

Before you type:  Please do not post individual names, defaming content, or spam. Remember, cyber bullying can be considered a crime.

Nickname:
#2by:    

I'm a current freshman and was from out of state! I had a 3.9 and prefd three old row houses and got my first choice! As long as you can hold a conversation are decent looking and have all your recs you will seriously be so fine! And I'm Not the exception I've met tons of girls in the same boat

By: Don't worry!
by: Guest   

Okay thank you! Sorry if I offended anyone. I did not mean that statement in a harsh way. Just nervous about rush

By: Guest
#3by:    

I was out of state with a good GPA and such, and Im in a house that is consistently ranked top tier. I had very few Recs (and zero to the house I ended up going), and still got my first choice. Just be yourself and you'll fit in somewhere.

#4by:    

Dear high school girl,

I'm a little bit offended that an out of state girl with no legacy and no Alabama connections wants to go to a gossip site and disrespect some of our sororities. Yes, when you say something about "lower tier" sororities, it means that you think you are better than girls who do have connections, legacies, etc., who chose to join sororities you think you're too good for.

I think that's pretty disgusting and I will make a point of spreading around this information so that all the houses can be on the lookout for an out of state girl with no connections and a 4.7 gpa. Good luck getting a bid anywhere.

By: suggestion

get a life. I don't know any high school senior that would aim for a low tier sorority. Just because you ended up in one doesn't mean you need to try and ruin a girls rush

by: calm tf down   

She isn't being "ballsy" or "offensive". She's only asking if her options are going to be limited because of where she's from or her lack of connections. Cool it. It's hard to go into rush thinking that you might be cut from most houses just bc you're from out of state or you aren't a legacy.

To the OP: Keep your options open by securing letters of rec, keeping social media clean, keeping up your GPA (sororities actually care quite a bit about this), etc. Be yourself during rush and you'll end up where you need to be.

By: calm tf down

Okay thank you! Sorry if I offended anyone. I did not mean that statement in a harsh way. Just nervous

by: well   

I am offended that any high school girl from out of state wants to judge our sororities based not on knowing the girls but by reading what is written on greek rank. I agree with the others who find it disgusting. She should come here, meet the girls in the houses and judge for herself. If our sororities like other girls better, then so be it.

By: well
by: Really?   

If you have nothing better to do than ruin a high schoolers chance of getting a bid, then you need a life.

By: Really?
by: @suggestion   

you are absolutely ridiculous, just like you have pointed out the info on the website doesn't carry any weight. So saying any girl with a 4.7 gpa that is out of state is getting blackballed based off of something anonymous you read online is equally as ridiculous. I seriously doubt you have that much power in your sorority as an individual. It is also safe to assume you from a lower tier sorority based off your initial reaction this post. So it's safe to say she doesn't give a flying frick what you think

By: @suggestion
by: Um   

Lol if you are spending your time as an active trying to ruin a girls chances of getting a bid then SOMETHING IS WRONG WITH YOU. NO ONE wants to be in a low-tier sorority before recruitment, even the girls who end up getting in them, because until recruitment, PNMs don't understand that it's about clicking with people, not on "tiers". Also, good luck blackballing her...all you know is 4.7 and out-of-state, that's fairly common info

By: Um
by: HAHAHA   

@suggestion:
i can taste your desperate insecurity just through reading your response. as a girl from bama who is in a sorority i can say that i dont find this post offensive at all. this has been one of the most hilarious responses I've read in a while good luck trying to blackball someone bc she upset you with her anonymous greekrank post!!

By: HAHAHA
#5by:    

I didn't have a problem with her post at all! Thought she sounded like a good PNM. So much better than the girl who said she was a perfect fit for top tier and named her favorites but had a 2.6 GPA!

By: She's fine!

Before you type:  Please do not post individual names, defaming content, or spam. Remember, cyber bullying can be considered a crime.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.