facebook

preview day?

by: pnm

Now that there aren't any house tours on preview day, what will potential new members be doing? I know last year girls kind of got to know the houses and meet actives. Is it just going to be like the generic "all greek life is great" presentation?

Posted By: pnm
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: Active   

Yeah I'm honestly not sure why they changed it (I mean, we know why they changed it, but they've basically made it a waste of everyone's time). Basically every sorority will have several large tables and some actives to talk to. We were hoping for around thirty, but recently we've heard we can only send eight which I hope is incorrect. I can't imagine close to 1000 PNM's with only 8 actives for each sorority.

By: Active
by: PnmFeb 2, 2015 7:32:47 PM

Why exactly did they decide to change it?

By: Pnm
by: ActiveFeb 2, 2015 7:56:09 PM

We assume it's because it was giving some PNM's an advantage because technically they had been through a round of rush. I don't really think it did, but whatever. Also this year preview includes events for all three (four?) Greek councils so maybe they were trying to be inclusive.

By: Active
#2  by: Listen   

You want to get invitations to the March 28 spring parties. That's when the real pre-rushing will happen.

By: Listen
by: still confused pnmFeb 6, 2015 12:42:13 AM

but how do you secure these invites if you don't meet actives on preview day?

By: still confused pnm

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.