facebook

philanthropy

by:    

Which sororities are really involved with their philanthropy?

Posted By: pnm
Page 1 of 1
#1by:    

As in... philanthropy is important to them??

By: same pnm
#2by:    

Tri Delt for sure, DG is also pretty active in their philanthropy. Least I would say would be Alpha Phi, you never see them doing anything on campus related to their philanthropy

By: Guest
#3by:    

From the Alabama Alpha Phi website: Service and Philanthropy are cornerstones of our organization and are close to our heart. The Alpha Phi Foundation supports women's heart health, leadership training, scholarships, and funding for sisters facing crisis. On campus each year, we hold Heart Week with the intent of educating fellow students on cardiac care. We also host our annual Alpha Phi Red Dress Gala, a silent auction fundraiser that many other Alpha Phi chapters have made their signature event. This year, our chapter raised over $16,000! The Beta Mu chapter also gets the rest of the Greek community to participate in our philanthropy through other events such as Alpha Phi-esta, a fundraiser cookout.

Also, every sorority on campus was challenged last year by Full Moon BBQ. The winner, Alpha Phi, and $1,000 towards women's heart health.

Just sayin...

By: Facts

Before you type:  Please do not post individual names, defaming content, or spam. Remember, cyber bullying can be considered a crime.

Nickname:
by: Guest   

Uhhh all they had to do for that was like a facebook page...

By: Guest
by: Social   

Being social, likable, progressive, having lots of friends, and in the know is all it takes๐Ÿ˜€, sorry your house didn't do better ๐Ÿ˜ž.

By: Social
#4by:    

All of them!

By: haha
#5by:    

All of our sororities are really into their philanthropies, it's just that some of them are much less accessible than others.

By: active
#6by:    

All of them

By: All of them
#7by:    

I understand all of the sororities on campus have events for their philanthropy, but I'm asking which ones have "philanthropy" as a higher priority versus other houses?

By: Same pnm
by: N   

Definitely tri delt, DG, chi o, maybe zeta are very visible on campus with their philanthropies. There were one or two at philanthropy round who couldn't even tell me what their philanthropy was, but I'm not going to call them out here. Others definitely have philanthropy events that I could name off the top of my head (gamma phi's crescent classic and capture the crescent, kd's shamrock run, etc).

It's also important to note that you can't measure philanthropy by money raised. Alpha gam, for example, does the fifth quarter initiative, and that's great work for the city of Tuscaloosa but there's nothing that goes down on paper.

By: N

Before you type:  Please do not post individual names, defaming content, or spam. Remember, cyber bullying can be considered a crime.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.