facebook

blessed

by:    

I'm a freshman who recently joined a lower tier sorority. Throughout rush my house was my last choice, one I ranked final round to round and nearly suicided at, yet was always called back to. After nights spent bawling to my Rho Gamma and top-tier bound friends, I reluctantly accepted my bid. Now I can say joining was one of the greatest decisions I've made in my life.
Being part of a lower ranked house means the girls I am with are particularly genuine (Not to say other houses are not) and supportive. At every chapter meeting I feel a real sense of sisterhood. We celebrate each others accomplishments as though they are our own and are always there for each other when anyone is struggling. It's also nice to be able to improve something rather than feel compelled to uphold a reputation.
I know this website isn't exactly the place to rally behind the lower tier but I felt like putting it out there. So be it if people think I'm self-promoting my house or am a classic lower tier NGB- I wouldn't have wanted to end up anywhere else

Posted By: happy
Page 1 of 1
#1by:    

PNM's take note-- give EVERY house a chance! I'm so glad I decided to do what felt right instead of joining my legacy house (where I just didn't fit in) for status. You'll get so much more out of it. (Of course this works just the same way for top tiers, if that's where you feel like your home is then great!!)

By: This!

Before you type:  Please do not post individual names, defaming content, or spam. Remember, cyber bullying can be considered a crime.

Nickname:
#2by:    

What a great post!
If I had not joined my lower-tier sorority, I would never have served as an officer and got the leadership training that has helped me in my career.
Join for YOU - not to please your parents or awe your friends back home.
Find girls that YOU LIKE.

By: Hmm
#3by:    

If it comes down to 3, 2 or only 1 "lower tier" sorority... chances are that you would not be happy in an "upper tier" sorority anyways. Everything really does happen for a reason. It is an emotional process, but I would encourage a PNM to give any house a shot. Every house has great girls. The Greek experience really is about what you put into it.

By: opinion
#4by:    

i often read the discussions, but i never post. until today. what a great story and i thank you for sharing. not just good for you, but wow, good for your sorority sisters to have a friend like you!
-ciao!

By: Out of the woodwork.....
#5by:    

as much as this post may be important, it's not by someone from alabama because we don't call rush counselors rho gammas, we call them rho chis. nice try.

By: hahaha
by: Missy   

That's the sad thing it wasn't one of you .... It should have been...

By: Missy
#6by:    

but the message is what is important. girls this post is the truth give it a try - you never know until you try it out and find out what Greek life is like for yourself and not some ranking system mean girls use to beat up other sororities.

By: hello

Before you type:  Please do not post individual names, defaming content, or spam. Remember, cyber bullying can be considered a crime.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.