facebook

spring rush

by:    

Out of all the fraternities that spring rush, which ones do you think are the most fun out of them and should be rushed?

Posted By: a
Page 1 of 1
#1by:    

It seems you have to decided you want to join a fraternity after you saw all the fun greeks were having this fall. If you're goal is to join a house to have a good time (judging by your post) I would recommend not spring rushing. Not to discredit the houses that accept spring pledges, but no fraternity that is considered top or middle at this school has spring pledges. By no means does this mean the fraternities that spring rush don't have great guys, good brotherhood, or throw parties in their own right. But unless you already had made friends with those guys or really wanted to be apart of their organization, I would advise you to wait until next fall to pledge.Talk to guys you are friends with that are in houses, or email fraternities you are interested in about getting on their rush list for next year.

All good houses already have a rush list going, and once on the rush list you will start getting info about future events/parties and have a chance to find out what houses you like. The easiest way to see if you like a house to go to events and hangout with brothers. You are at an advantage since you have the whole semester to feel out what houses you mesh with and hopefully can find a house you will like.

Additionally, fall pledgeship is a downright good time. Spring pledge classes are downright small and pledging will be much harder and less enjoyable for you. Cleaning up for parties gets done a lot faster with 45 guys than 10. (Cont)-

By: man
by: man   

Not to mention, all the events that make pledgeship so memorable and great only occur in fall. You'll make great memories during the football season as a pledge and meet an insane amount of girls. As a spring pledge you miss out on so much of what made pledgeship fun and are apart of fraternity that is considered second rate by the majority of greek life. By all means go and rush the houses that take spring pledges. Doesn't hurt to meet people and get some free beer.

By: man
by: Curious   

How do you find out which houses have spring rush ?

By: Curious
by: it   

it changes each year. Check out alabamaifc.com/main.html over break and see if they update it. I know Sigma Pi has spring rush but that's it.

By: it
#2by:    

Kappa Sig, DTD, delta sig, sigma pi, Phi sig and a few others that are way below these. If you absolutely have to spring rush, Kappa sig or DTD would be your best bet.

By: I

Before you type:  Please do not post individual names, defaming content, or spam. Remember, cyber bullying can be considered a crime.

Nickname:

Before you type:  Please do not post individual names, defaming content, or spam. Remember, cyber bullying can be considered a crime.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.