facebook

fraternity options

by: Midwest

My parents really want me to join a fraternity next year as a freshman. Neither of them were Greek but they think it would be fun. I don't know much about it at UA—are there a lot of Midwestern people in the fraternities? This might be a stupid/invalid question, but are there any "more liberal" fraternities?

Thank you!

Posted By: Midwest
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: Hooch   

Midwesterners-yes. EX or Pike or OX.

By: Hooch
by: Avoid ThoseNov 23, 2014 9:29:48 PM

Pike is in national trouble again

Ex hazes hard

OX stuck in the middle

By: Avoid Those
by: God SpeedNov 23, 2014 9:52:17 PM

If you think that Sigma Chi hazes hard here, you are beyond clueless. They have taken wuss/soft pledgeship to an unprecedented/politically correct level. It is the pledges themselves that put nothing into it that are the end victims. They put nothing into it, therefore.......

By: God Speed
#2  by: If you want a   

more liberal house. Choose one that is not affiliated. The affiliated houses work towards keeping the campus traditional and conservative.

By: If you want a
#3  by: Zak   

60% of students are from OOS. We have students from all over, California to Vermont, and all in between. Except for the "old row" fraternities, most fraternities are the same.
You'll be fine.

By: Zak
#4  by: Slawdad   

Please go ahead and pledge a "liberal" fraternity, pu ssy. You will be happy there.

By: Slawdad
#5  by: If you want to get   

Hazed, go ahead and rush a fraternity. They haze pretty harsh down here.

By: If you want to get
#6  by: Truth   

No matter where you go you're gonna get hazed. I'm from Chicago and pledged this last semester and the most midwestern pledge classes I've seen are Pike, Sigma Chi, and Delta Chi. Just rush everywhere you can though as each house has a different feel. There's liberal people in all the new row houses but every fraternity is predominately conservative, It's Alabama after all.

By: Truth

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.