facebook

bid potential?

by:    

I'm considering attending bama next year... I have a 3.8 G.P.A. with A.P. classes, a perfect SAT score, a cheerleader, and have a ton of volunteer work. What are my chances greek life? How much will being from Washington (state) count against me? Is it actually that big of a deal for some sororities?

Posted By: Northerner
Page 1 of 1
#1by:    

Your chances are pretty close to the other 800 rushees with your same stats. Last year there were a little more than 2,000 rushees, and another 800 had your same stats except they had 4.0s and above.

Seriously, there are LOTS and LOTS of rushees with the same qualifications or better. Being from Washington is the difference, and yes, it will affect your recruitment because you simply won't know as many girls in the houses.
That said, if you stay open to any house - don't decide that you'll ONLY accept bids from certain sororities - you have a very, very good chance of pledging.

By: Init
#2by:    

Pretty high GPA and scores for typical Alabama admittance, unfortunately that is not the only thing in play.

By: MJ
#3by:    

Perfect SAT score, and you're going to Bama? I know it's a great school, and we give great scholarships for outstanding students, but why not Ivy League or something better? Just curious.

By: uh

Before you type:  Please do not post individual names, defaming content, or spam. Remember, cyber bullying can be considered a crime.

Nickname:

Before you type:  Please do not post individual names, defaming content, or spam. Remember, cyber bullying can be considered a crime.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.