facebook

are houses open to non-legacies?

by:    

I was just wondering if and which sororities were open to girls who weren't legacies? I'll be a freshman in the fall, and would like to believe that I am an excellent candidate. I have a 4.0 GPA with AP classes, lots of extracurricular activities, and plenty of service hours. I think I am in good physical shape and am very social and talkative, but for some reason I am so nervous because I am not a legacy of any sorority. Any advice?

Posted By: curious
Page 1 of 1
#1by:    

You will be fine.

If you are superficial then your options might be limited.

By: Be yourself
#2by:    

You are fine! I wasn't a legacy and had a great rush and ended up in a great sorority. I actually think it kind of helps. A lot of sororities might cut you because they think you want your grandmother, mom, sister's, etc. sorority.

By: Fine
#3by:    

Being a legacy guarantees you nothing. You might get an invitation back to second round, but that's about it - and many houses have so many legacies that even that is no longer guaranteed.
Get recommendations, keep your rep clean.
You're OK.

By: Sissy
#4by:    

Does XO consider you a legacy if your grandmother was one? I know it varies from sorority to sorority.

By: legacyquestion

Before you type:  Please do not post individual names, defaming content, or spam. Remember, cyber bullying can be considered a crime.

Nickname:
by: Yes   

but Chi O cuts heavy for grades and has cut heavily on legacies in the past. Legacy status doesn't hold much weight anymore

By: Yes
#5by:    

Every house takes girls who are not legacies.

By: Guest

Before you type:  Please do not post individual names, defaming content, or spam. Remember, cyber bullying can be considered a crime.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.