facebook

some guidance please

by:    

I am a freshman now and I dropped out of rush in august but I feel like it was a mistake and I would like to rush again. Should I rush in the spring or is it better to wait until next fall when I am a sophomore? I heard there might not even be a spring rush this year so I'm not really sure if that is even an option. Is there any pros and cons to either?

Posted By: help
Page 1 of 1
#1by:    

There is no such thing as "spring rush." There is a possibility for Spring Continuous Open Bidding, which would not mean that every sorority would participate--only the few that haven't met chapter total and even then they do not have to participate unless they want to. Honestly, your best option is to go through formal recruitment again in the fall. Make good grades, get involved, and meet lots of people and make genuine connections.

By: Active
by: Thia   

But it won't hurt to sign up for spring COB. You don't HAVE to pledge anybody.

By: Thia
#2by:    

If you do fall recruitment again do you need to get the letters of recommendation again as well?

By: help

Before you type:  Please do not post individual names, defaming content, or spam. Remember, cyber bullying can be considered a crime.

Nickname:
by: Thia   

It's even more crucial to get them as a sophomore.

By: Thia
#3by:    

If you dropped out because you didn't like your options, they are unlikely to be better next year. Unless your attitude is different you will end up in the same situation again. I would suggest that you get to know girls from other (lower???) houses and realize that all the houses here are full of quality girls who would make wonderful sisters. If you think you're too good for them, you're not going to find a home.

By: my opinion

Before you type:  Please do not post individual names, defaming content, or spam. Remember, cyber bullying can be considered a crime.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.