facebook

srt

by:    

Im a junior here at UA. I grew up being groomed to be in a sorority, I'm a legacy in top houses such as AXO, XO, ADPi. But is it too late for me to join? Should I try for spring rush? Any advice would be helpful.

Posted By: Junior
Page 1 of 1
#1by:    

ADPi is not top

By: no
#2by:    

You can definitely Spring Rush. Though if I had to offer any advice, I would advise rushing next fall. Fall of my freshman year was the best semester of my life, and you'll miss out on some of the bonding with your sisters! :)

Regardless of whether or not you do Fall or Spring rush, please go into recruitment with an open mind. Do not limit yourself to just the houses you are a legacy for, because you may end up not liking them at all. Be open to other houses too and the idea of possibly creating a new legacy for your family!
Best of luck!! :)

By: AXO Active
#3by:    

Ahh, I just read that you said you're a junior. Ummm. I think houses may be skeptical considering you would only be there for a year. I don't think I've ever heard of a second-semester junior/senior getting a bid.

Maybe if you have friends in the house, they can ask their individual chapters what their policy is on the issue or contact Panhellenic and see what they say!

By: AXO Active
#4by:    

As much as it sucks (b/c it prevents a lot of amazing girls from going greek) if you're a second semester junior or senior they will not take you. I'm sorry :( Just enjoy your last few years in undergrad!

By: hi

Before you type:  Please do not post individual names, defaming content, or spam. Remember, cyber bullying can be considered a crime.

Nickname:
#5by:    

Sorry if this is rude, but if you "grew up being groomed to be in a sorority" then why didn't you rush your freshman year? I'm calling troll on this

By: sorry
by: Wonder   

I wondered the exact same thing!

By: Wonder
#6by:    

You need to have lots of good friends in whichever house that will lobby for a bid for you hopefully this spring. Some houses will take a girl or two in the spring but don't advertise it or open it up to the public. If you wait until you're a senior, you don't have much of a chance with any house, not just your legacies. My advice to you is to be open to any house and let everyone you know in the greek community that you're interested.

By: truth
#7by:    

You're too late.
Sorry.

By: Psst

Before you type:  Please do not post individual names, defaming content, or spam. Remember, cyber bullying can be considered a crime.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.