facebook

gpa struggles

by:    

Okay so I'm just gonna say it straight. I have a 2.5 as of now and I've wanted to go to alabama partially for its greek life for so long. I plan on doing well this year and keeping my grades up but will I get cut from having a 2.8 or 2.9 if I don't bring it all the way up to a 3.0? Is there any way I can stand out otherwise? I'm a social person, from below the mason Dixon line and am capable of getting recs. Would standing out with looks, personality and on paper outweigh my stupid freshman year grades that are holding me back?

Posted By: Graderisk
Page 2 of 2
#11by:    

can I take summer classes and use that instead or nah? Everyone's saying different stuff and maybe that's just because every house is different but it would be extremely helpful if everyone would stop being sarcastic and rude. I know for a fact I'm a brilliant person that has to have a place in at least one house. Was I the most academically motivated for a short span of time? No. But this has been my dream for years and there has to be a way to make it happen. Thank you to all of the actually helpful actives!! Y'all are giving me great advice

By: Confused
#12by:    

can I take summer classes and use that instead or nah? Everyone's saying different stuff and maybe that's just because every house is different but it would be extremely helpful if everyone would stop being sarcastic and rude. I know for a fact I'm a brilliant person that has to have a place in at least one house. Was I the most academically motivated for a short span of time? No. But this has been my dream for years and there has to be a way to make it happen. Thank you to all of the actually helpful actives!! Y'all are giving me great advice

#13by:    

#14by:    

by: UM   

we're not being sarcastic or rude... we're telling the truth. yeah it sucks, but we pick the best of the best and your gpa isn't gonna cut it. i guarantee houses will be ready to cut you before they even meet you just because of your gpa. accept the fact and move on with it. rush sophomore year if you get good grades your first year.

By: UM
#15by:    

A girl with a 3.0 gpa got into Alpha Chi and a few others that had less than 3.5 alpha chi took. They also knew older girls in that house. It is true that who you know is important. With the houses getting so big gpa isn't as important as maybe a reputation now as they need to fill the houses. So good chance you will get a house and any house at Alabama is great. Grades are important but it is also important to make quota with quality girls.

By: UA

Before you type:  Please do not post individual names, defaming content, or spam. Remember, cyber bullying can be considered a crime.

Nickname:

Before you type:  Please do not post individual names, defaming content, or spam. Remember, cyber bullying can be considered a crime.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.