facebook

gointobama!!

by:    

Hi ya'll!!! I just got into Bama and can't wait to come next year!! I definitely want to go through Rush, too. What are the best sororities and which ones are the worst ones that I should avoid? I was a varsity cheerleader and my friends say I'm pretty hot, but I know that doesn't matter. Any advice would be great! Roll Tide!

Posted By: SRT
Page 1 of 1
#1by:    

This is going to sound so cheesy, but honestly there is no "best" sorority. However, there is a sorority that is the best fit for you. In greek life here, everyone has swaps and everyone parties.(some more than others) When you go through rush you will be able to see the sorority's personalities crystal clear. I hope you find your perfect house!

By: MMM
by: Advice   

So true! You'll find a great one for you!!

By: Advice
#2by:    

However, Gamma Phi currently does not have the best reputation right now, but their new pledge class may be able to change that. And, Chi O is about to be on social probation for 3 years because of their new pledge's "ninja" stunt. They will not be able to have parties for 3 years, and that may be a deal breaker for you.

By: MMM
by: ?   

New pledge's ninja stunt? What did she do?

By: ?
by: That    

That is a complete lie, and you should be ashamed of yourself for spreading dumb rumors. Any chapter at Alabama would be a too chapter at any other school and ranking her is asinine. As for Chi O, it wasn't a pledge who wrote that, it was an active who was then swiftly removed from the chapter. Their chapter was not punished.

By: That
by: @MMM   

The truth is that Gamma Phi has a great reputation. They are considered in the bottom tier because of something that happened years ago. Besides, any house at Bama is great compared to other schools. As for Chi O they're also considered a great sorority. The incident you refer to was an auto correct mistake which we've all experienced and also she was kicked out. So all our houses are good regardless of what people like MMM say.

By: @MMM
#3by:    

You really must think you are a special Suzy snowflake. "Cheerleaders" Are a dime a dozen. And pretty girls are everywhere. You are going to have to do a lot better than that to be in a house at Alabama. We are the best in the country. I would strongly suggest over the next year to chill with the I am a special snowflake bc I was a cheerleader attitude. The houses choose you not vice versa

By: Really

Before you type:  Please do not post individual names, defaming content, or spam. Remember, cyber bullying can be considered a crime.

Nickname:
by: above   

Are you an alum from that horrible Greek Chat site? I purposely came here because I wanted to avoid the condescending, hateful patter that passes for advice on that site. Even my mom was disgusted at the way you ladies talk to each other and to PNMs. Although according to my grandmother, people who talk that way are not ladies.

By: above
by: ^   

Oooh your mom and grandmother don't like me? I'm so scared

By: ^
by: How    

about this, just rush and make up YOUR OWN MIND. Be sure to get in your recs as well.

By: How
by: @Suzy Snowflake   

No one knows you, but you certainly have a sharp and hateful way of speaking to people, so no, probably no one likes you very much. You and the other old women on greek chat have alienated so many people with your put on airs and sarcastic remarks. When I was googling Bama recruitment I ran across that site and my mom and I looked at it. We were appalled. I just threw in the part about my grandmother because you have a rough way of speaking to others. Not ladylike at all.

By: @Suzy Snowflake
#4by:    

Get a life you are a piece of work.

"SRT".... There are no top houses on campus.
There are more desired ones due to southern ways. Thoses dreams are not Shared by most PNM, it's the busy body alums putting up false rankings to make them feel better about their fallen house.
Really those houses don't offer much after college. In fact it was the actions of thoses same alums that brought one of the biggest racial scandal to BAMA. So don't engage with the crazies. Take your time and go thru recruitment, you will connect with some and get turned off by others. The process works so just go with it. Most ladies at Bama are drop dead beautiful, have high grades and super involved. So remember what makes you special not how you spend you time.
At the end of the day you want to be apart of the fun, so don't let a 50 year old has been dictate or influence your choices.

By: To queen snowflake!
#5by:    

Old row houses ahead of the others? Complete crap.

By: Exasperated
by: A   

Axo....obvi

By: A
#6by:    

is laughable. Try to go old row, don't be upset if you don't get it bc new row had just as much fun. it all depends on your pledge class

By: this whole thread

Before you type:  Please do not post individual names, defaming content, or spam. Remember, cyber bullying can be considered a crime.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.