facebook

serious question

by:    

Hey everyone. I'm in a sorority at another SEC school, but I have a few friends that go to Alabama. I can't help but notice that girls at UA post lots of pictures of themselves drinking/partying on Facebook and other social media sites. Most of them are underage, and in some pictures they're even wearing their letters. I'm not judging them or anything (come on, we all do it) but I am genuinely confused. Because I'm underage, if someone posted a picture of me with alcohol, our risk chair would freak out. And if ANYONE posted a photo of themselves drinking while wearing letters, they would be sent to standards immediately. All of the sororities at my school have the same policies, as far as I know.

So is Alabama just relaxed about this sort of thing? Are there too many girls for the risk chair to keep up with? Or what?

Posted By: Curious
Page 1 of 1
#1by:    

I guess it depends on the sorority. We have a specific account that follows everyone and likes your picture if it's inappropriate, which means you have to take it down. I will say that I have friends in other sororities who have drinking pictures all over social media and I guess their standards just doesn't care.

By: well

Before you type:  Please do not post individual names, defaming content, or spam. Remember, cyber bullying can be considered a crime.

Nickname:
#2by:    

Troll

By: Spelright
#3by:    

In my sorority, we can't drink with our letters and we cannot have an alcoholic can/bottle in our hands if we are underage. You can have solo cups, but nothing definitevely advertising alcohol. Some sororities are way more relaxed than others. My sorority is fairly strict about things like that, and we will get sent to standards if our standards board sees it happening frequently. Our older girls look out for us though. My entire freshman year, if I posted something questionable my big would just be like "hey, that tweet was a little iffy, you should take it down!" And I've already done that with my current little. So it really depends.

By: Guest
#4by:    

I'm not a troll. I saw a picture of some girls I know with a beer bong and beer cans... While wearing their letters... And at least one of them is underage. I won't mention the sorority cause I'm not about that. But damn, if any of us put that on Facebook our ass would be in standards the next day.

By: Curious
#5by:    

They just haven't been caught yet

By: Active
#6by:    

Standards will find out

By: Standards
#7by:    

MY parents and grandparents (al of whom are on FB) would freak out if I posted that - regardless of what I am wearing? This person sounds like an idiot... why would they post that?

By: forget standards
#8by:    

I am also from another SEC school and I have a friend on FB who is in a sorority there who frequently posts drinking pictures and she is also tagged in a lot of them by other girls in her sorority...
In my sorority we aren't even allowed to have solo cups in our pictures.

By: SEC

Before you type:  Please do not post individual names, defaming content, or spam. Remember, cyber bullying can be considered a crime.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.