facebook

dues

by:    

Which houses have the lowest dues, and which have the highest?

Posted By: .
Page 1 of 1
#1by:    

Alpha chi has the highest. I think Theta and Pi phi have the lowest because they've not raised dues to build new houses yet and they're new row.

By: Guest

Before you type:  Please do not post individual names, defaming content, or spam. Remember, cyber bullying can be considered a crime.

Nickname:
#2by:    

Alpha chi has the highest. I think Theta and Pi phi have the lowest because they've not raised dues to build new houses yet and they're new row.

#3by:    

All of the old row houses are going to have high dues, and for the ones with the new houses that's going to be exacerbated. So I'd guess that DDD, Alpha Gam, and Alpha Chi have some of the highest, but I think any new house (Gamma Phi, ADPi, Alpha Phi, and DG) is probably fairly expensive as well

By: idk tho
#4by:    

Why is it so hard to get real numbers?

By: Why
by: It's not   

hard, some people just like beating around the bush. Around $4000 is the average that Panhellenic gives out, even though there are houses that are A LOT more expensive than that. The houses that aren't in the process of building their new houses yet will be the cheapest. But once all of the new houses are finished, the average will be higher as well.

By: It's not
#5by:    

No one can give real numbers because no one knows the numbers of every sorority. Girls don't openly just talk about their dues to everyone. Mine is about $3k a semester. My roommate last year was an Alpha Chi and hers were about $5k. There's a big range.

by: Hi   

What's yours?

By: Hi
#6by:    

Because it's not pc to talk about money. If you can't afford to pay the average or the high, don't hope that you'll end up in a house that has the lowest dues because even the houses that do not have new houses are about to be in the process of getting one. I know for a face that Theta is about to release their plans for a new house within the next couple of weeks so their dues won't stay low for much longer.

By: Because
by: I think   

Panhel could and should take care of keeping PNMs informed. I actually heard from someone that it may be a required part of formal recruitment which is why they provide some info but IMO not enough.

By: I think
#7by:    

PNMS should be able to get accurate financial information from every house during recruitment. At most of the schools my good friends ended up at (I'm originally from FL but friends are all over) info packets are usually passed out during recruitment and each chapter's dues are listed. It's still somewhat confusing because some chapters add in extras like t-shirts in the overall cost and some don't so you might not sure if the cost is higher because the extras were added in or for some other reason.

This doesn't affect me, but it only makes sense to give this information out so that girls know what they're getting into ahead of time and the ones who can't afford it can drop out of recruitment and not have to deactivate as members down the line.

I guess the fear could be that girls would use finances to try and "cut" houses but in the experiences I have heard about this has not at all been the case. At the campuses with the info packets, "cool" is usually not determined by the cost and which house girls will like is also not determined by cost. But PNMs are more aware and I contend that that can only be a good thing.

By: I think
#8by:    

It's not polite to talk about money? Are you kidding? Print out a sheet with each sorority and their dues for the year.!have the PNMs sign off on it when they register for recruitment. How hard is that? They don't do it be side it will swing more girls towards some of the houses ie Theta, DZ, AOPi. Because let's be honest other than a huge mansion, you don't get anything different ( except and old row party for those houses)

By: Unbelievable
#9by:    

More moms on here.

By: Mymymy

Before you type:  Please do not post individual names, defaming content, or spam. Remember, cyber bullying can be considered a crime.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.