facebook

theta vs. gamma phi

by:    

am i the only one who thinks that gamma phi will surpass theta next year? they got a good pledge class this year and with the new house, i think when it comes down to gamma phi vs theta, pnms will be way more likely to choose gamma phi. if you have to be in a bottom tier house, they'll probably choose the one with the bigger house, right?

Posted By: just me?
Page 1 of 2
#1by:    

as sweet and awesome as the gamma phi's really are, unfortunately I think that there will always be that stigma against gamma phi. people will always in the back of their mind think gamma phi is the lowest, worst house. and if gphi does grow out of that stigma, i don't think it'll be any time soon. theta's new pledge class looks pretty cute. they may even improve in the coming years

By: no
#2by:    

A large pledge class does not mean that it is good. An unusually large pledge class usually indicates that the sorority lost a huge amount of girls that year. It indicates that the group has a problem with keeping it's members. It can also hint that the sorority no longer takes girls on the basis of quality. They are taking other's leftovers or the girls that have no where else to go.The focus shifts to quantity so the sorority can survive. Huge pledge classes are usually a red flag.

By: sorry
#3by:    

A large pledge class does not mean that it is good. An unusually large pledge class usually indicates that the sorority lost a huge amount of girls that year. It indicates that the group has a problem with keeping it's members. It can also hint that the sorority no longer takes girls on the basis of quality. They are taking other's leftovers or the girls that have no where else to go.The focus shifts to quantity so the sorority can survive. Huge pledge classes are usually a red flag.

by: maybe   

The house still has over 400 members, which when you take out the 160 nms still leaves a lot of actives. I'm not saying what you said isn't true, I just don't think it applies in this situation. I do think they can afford to be a little more picky than they choose to be, but maybe they just take all those girls to pay for their new house

By: maybe
by: to maybe   

Anyway you look at it, the large pledge class indicates a problem.

By: to maybe
by: Yeah   

^mostly agree. I think the "every girl who prefs gets a bid" rule kinda works against them- if they cut more girls in the beginning they probably wouldn't have to bid the ones that only end up with them for pref

By: Yeah
#4by:    

Oh, sorry, I thought you were talking about the large pledge class. Yes, you will have a nice new large house. That should help.

#5by:    

Stop with the self ranking, gphi. I think we can all agree that Gamma Phi got better this year but they are still no way near surpassing anyone. Taking 170 girls indicates that you are not picky--you take what you can get and those are mostly leftovers. Yeah, gphi did get a few pretty girls, but they mostly were grade risks who were from out of state. I am glad gamma phi is getting better, but there is no need for y'all to come on here and self rank every single day. We aren't stupid. We know what you're doing.

By: Stop
by: Uh   

All the girls they preffed that were grade risks (and I heard this from an active heavily involved with the recruitment process) went KD. Their new girls are good looking with great grades, so don't assume things you don't know.

By: Uh
by: ^^bless your heart   

It's getting pathetic at this point. KD is going down hill for sure, but saying they got a worse pledge class than gphi? You're embarrassing yourselves, just stop.

By: ^^bless your heart
#6by:    

Theta is getting a new house too. The mock up is just pending approval from their nationals so that's why they didn't display it during recruitment.

By: Theta
by: Theta   

And theta is more popular nationally than gamma phi. Theta isn't that strong in the sec but they are pretty much everywhere else.

By: Theta
by: IDK   

I'd say they're comparable. I don't know who I'd give the edge to. G Phi is really strong in the west and north. Theta more in the central and south.They're both national powerhouses. If you look at a house like AGD or PM, they're great here but pretty low most other places.

By: IDK
by: Is Theta   

Moving to a new lot or tearing down the existing house? I know they put a lot of money into renovations not that long ago.

By: Is Theta
#7by:    

The OP said: "m i the only one who thinks that gamma phi will surpass theta next year?"

Well, yes. Yes, you are.
Nobody - NOBODY - else cares.

By: Tank
by: Hmmmm   

Why be so mean? Is it because you can hide behind a computer pretending to be Regina George?

By: Hmmmm
by: to hmmmmmmm   

It's the constant creepy pushing. It makes readers dislike you. You just don't get it. Year after year you push in a way that makes others feel worse about you.

By: to hmmmmmmm
#8by:    

Just give it a frighten break, all of you. Seriously.

By: Really

Before you type:  Please do not post individual names, defaming content, or spam. Remember, cyber bullying can be considered a crime.

Nickname:
#9by:    

First of all, y'all need to grow up!! I'm an OOS senior who happens to be in an Old row house. I know 4 girls from my HS that are freshman that are in 4 different houses. One girl, 3.0 and not much of a resume, not cute but daddy has money...old row. Another girl....2.7 not cute, shy and quiet...new row. 3rd girl...3.8 not cute but great personality...new row and last girl 3.0 great resume, adorable and great personality...G Phi!! So, this I don't get!! We are all sisters!!! Each sorority has ALL types of girls!!! G Phi's last 2 PC's have been GREAT and once they get their new house, look out!!! (out of all 4 I happen to like the G Phi girl the best!!)

By: Wow
by: dear wow   

Love the exclamation points. Not.

By: dear wow
#10by:    

It doesn't look like they are going to move off the bottom. I wish them well, though.

By: NOPE

Before you type:  Please do not post individual names, defaming content, or spam. Remember, cyber bullying can be considered a crime.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.