facebook

the machine

by:    

Okay, I'll preface this post by saying that I do not know how things go down in every other sorority, as I am a sister of only one and couldn't possibly know the intimate details about any other sorority. But I have never been forced to do something "machine backed."

Being in a house that is a part of the Machine, yes I was told who was the backed Homecoming Queen. Yes, I was told who the backed SGA Representatives were. Yes, this information was made known to me. But my sorority never made me do any thing. They did ask that I submit my confirmation email saying that I did vote, but the confirmation email did not say who I voted for nor was I asked. Last year, my house had a girl on Homecoming court and I was encouraged to vote for her if I wanted to, but to make the decision my own.

I'm not writing this to say that no sorority is forced to do things because obviously I don't know that information, but I'm not lying when I tell you that not every single house's Executive board makes them do exactly what the Machine wants. Do most girls opt to vote for the Machine backed candidate anyway? Yes. But it's not required and we were encouraged to use our own brains. My freshman year roommate who was in a different sorority said her house operated the same in this aspect, and I don't think she'd lie about that.

So stop spreading rumors about how EVERY SINGLE sorority girl is forced to or has consequences if she doesn't go with the Machine because it simply isn't true.

Posted By: Active
Page 1 of 1
#1by:    

Again, let me reiterate for the 100th time, I DO NOT KNOW HOW EVERY HOUSE WORKS AND THERE VERY WELL MAY BE HOUSES THAT DO REQUIRE THEIR MEMBERS TO VOTE WITH THE MACHINE ON THINGS, BUT IT IS NOT EVERY SINGLE HOUSE. Some of us do have brains of our own.

By: Active
#2by:    

A smart woman would say that the days where the machine made decisions (or even recommendations) is over. When men try to do the thinking for women we all lose.

By: well

Before you type:  Please do not post individual names, defaming content, or spam. Remember, cyber bullying can be considered a crime.

Nickname:
#3by:    

Why would you even sit to listen what they recommend? I suggest that the next time your leaders stand up in front of you and start stating what the Machine recommends, politely raise your hand and call for a Point of Information. Then ask why they are making such statements. I would further encourage you to make a motion that the chapter shall adopt the policy that recommendations coming from The Machine or anyone who is representative to it shall not make public declarations on behalf of The Machine at any time in chapter, on social media, or in any other fashion. Fly that up the flagpole and see what happens. Don't be so naive as to say that their recommendations don't influence you. That's just dumb.

By: why
by: Guest   

They don't "stand in front of us"
It's posted in our house somewhere and they tell us it's there if we want it. I never even looked at it for homecoming or SGA. The homecoming was obvious without me looking at it, but I had no idea who the sag backed candidates were and a few of them were even in my house.

By: Guest
#4by:    

Did the machine "recommend" you say this?

By: Oh Really?
by: @above   

drafted by the machine; approved by the machine

By: @above
by: Guest   

Haha no. I doubt the Machine cares about an anonymous website made for gossip. But It's really annoying when people don't understand that every house works differently. Not to throw anyone under the bus, but I've heard that AOPi requires you to go with the Machine. and it sucks having that stigma put on me because I take pride in the fact that I am capable of using my own brain. Idk.

By: Guest

Before you type:  Please do not post individual names, defaming content, or spam. Remember, cyber bullying can be considered a crime.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.