facebook

what to do?

by:    

I was dropped twice. Once freshman year, once sophomore year. I joined 8 on campus organizations last year and still felt like something was missing. So I decided to go greek. I have a clean rep and I made a 3.2 in college. I am also an ex-pageant queen and active in my church. I really desperately want to be in a sorority still, as it is something I dreamed of for a very long time. Is it worth it to rush as a junior or to do spring rush? I'm frustrated because I felt like I was well qualified and knew girls in the houses. I want to be greek so badly and it really hurts to be told I am not good enough TWICE.

Posted By: Frustrated
Page 1 of 3
#1by:    

i think it would be worth it to rush somewhere out of alabama... much less focus on zip code and connections. try a big ten or pac 12 school a lot of them take juniors

By: been there
by: Frustrated   

But I love Alabama and could never go anywhere else. I am from out of state but from a very wealthy zipcode

By: Frustrated
#2by:    

Only lower tier chapters at Big 10 schools take juniors.

By: Big 10
by: haha   

not true

By: haha
#3by:    

Contact sigma kappa
They are coming on campus soon and might be a fit for you.

By: Check into new house
#4by:    

I know it's frustrating and it isn't necessarily fair. The good thing is it sounds like you haven't let it hold you back from becoming involved on campus. Look into the newer houses like sigma kappa. It sounds like you would be an asset!

By: Active

Before you type:  Please do not post individual names, defaming content, or spam. Remember, cyber bullying can be considered a crime.

Nickname:

I'm just afraid Sigma Kappa won't colonize until my senior year and I won't get a chance to bond with my sorority sisters

#5by:    

This might sound harsh but you will NEVER be greek at UA. If you've been dropped twice then obviously there is something wrong with you. If you stood out so negatively twice than you're obviously not cut out for it. You're not good enough. Just give up!

By: Sorry
by: GPA   

If it continues to go up every semester like it has in the past, will I have a shot in the spring for some of the houses that do Spring rush? Or possibly next year if it's over a 3.5? I'm planning on bringing it way up in the next few years because it needs to be at least a 3.7 when I graduate

By: GPA
by: True   

Sorry but that's the truth. The tribe has spoken.

By: True
by: Sorry...   

You has two unsuccessful formal recruitments. Also, last year when total got raised because of the AA scandal, a lot of houses were giving any girl with a pulse a bid. No one contacted you then either. It's obvious there's something about you that doesn't click. You won't be Greek here.

By: Sorry...
by: I   

attende a variety of COB events, and attend ten spring recruitment events. With spring recruitment, I was never informed I needed to set my final preferences. I am a former pageant queen from an affluent family who started her own charity and worked in politics, I thought I was well qualified. It also bothers me when people complain about their obligations when they are Greek because I would kill to have those

By: I
by: Truth   

Just from your responses here I can kind of tell why no one wanted you.

By: Truth

I'm frustrated because I don't know what I am doing wrong. I thought I presented my self as a qualified candidate. Then, I hear about grade risks and girls like Peyton getting bids and I feel like there is something wrong with me and I don't know what is. I didn't want or expect a top tier bid, I honestly wanted to go to a lower tier house and was open to any house. There was one I fell in love with and had up until skit, I really wanted that house and would do literally anything to be in it. I'm going to rush ADX because it aligns with my values and they still participate in everything

by: ^   

You come off as rude, arrogant, unaccountable and an argumentative know-it-all for starters. If you seem to be only 1/4 of what you act like here, then I understand why everyone passed on you multiple times.

By: ^
by: I don't mean to   

I honestly don't intend to. It's that I have tried literally everything, and was hoping to find some new suggestions. I LOVE Alabama and couldn't see myself anywhere else. But being so far from home, it feels like something is missing. I want to be greek so badly, it's something I really think I would enjoy as well as something that I dreamed about for years

By: I don't mean to
#6by:    

Try SDT, it might not have the same reputation as the others but it's still the Greek experience.

By: SDT?
by: TO OP   

I'm sorry, but your responses to people here who are genuinely trying to help you show that you are a little too picky at this point with what you want.

I don't know you, so I can't say for sure, obviously, but I definitely wouldn't be shocked to learn that there is some fire behind the "it's not us, it's you" theory.

By: TO OP
by: what?   

Just because you give someone a suggestion it doesn't mean they have to follow it. She's probably already thought of some of your suggestions and rejected them. Stop acting like her boss and trying to shame her for not doing as you suggest.

By: what?
#7by:    

I want the traditional greek experience. I actually wanted to go a lower tier sorority. I wanted to bond with my pledge class starting on bid day and meet lots of new girls from all over. I worked my butt off last year to make my self a more desirable candidate for rush because I wanted it so badly. Since, obviously the traditional experience is not an option. I am going to look into rushing ADX because it seems to align better with my personal values

By: I'm Sorry
by: flameandblue   

As a member of ADX, there are actually a number of Catholics in our sorority. We do not discriminate based on denomination. Our Devo chair has even been a catholic in the past. Don't let that discourage you. We would love to meet you! Our info meetings are going to be next Tuesday and Thursday! Our rush chairs email is ajtidwell@crimson.ua.edu if you want to get in touch with her!

By: flameandblue
by: @flameandblue   

That is wonderful to hear!

OP, you should definitely check into ADX!

By: @flameandblue
#8by:    

There are no plans for Sigma Kappa to come to Alabama in the near future. This year we have three colonies planned and next year we have two BIG colonies: Indiana and Oregon.

By: SK at UGA
by: Good luck   

Wishing Sigma Kappa sisters lots of success!

By: Good luck
#9by:    

This poor girl has had an obviously traumatizing experience. She's obviously heartbroken, and seems to have a great resume. I for one wish she was in my house because she actually wants to be there and would probably poor her heart and soul into the chapter

By: OMG
by: Ummm   

No, she's clearly rude. She thinks she deserved a bid when she clearly is socially retarded.

By: Ummm
by: @ummm   

Imagine if you were her... I would definitely want her in my house with that resume! So what if she's a little argumentative? Isn't everyone at times? Maybe she just didn't have the connections. Don't call someone socially retarded that you don't know. That shows more about your character than hers, bless your heart!

By: @ummm
by: rude?   

She DID NOT act like she deserved a bid. She mentioned several times that she had worked hard to build a good resume, that she would have been happy in any house (except SDT for religious reasons), and that she is putting herself out there asking for advice. I think "Ummmm" sounds like one of those really hateful ladies on greekchat who put down every girl who asks for help. I'm happy that there have been several helpful comments on here as opposed to this hateful greekchat-type comment.

By: rude?
#10by:    

You'd probably be happier if you transferred to a school where Greek life isn't so important, or a school without any Greek life at all.

By: tbh

Before you type:  Please do not post individual names, defaming content, or spam. Remember, cyber bullying can be considered a crime.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.