facebook

you all

by:    

Its funny when people act like alabama
Is anything but a backup school. Enjoy unployment!

Posted By: Bama
Page 2 of 2
#11by:    

Transfer

By: Sae
#12by:    

Haha funny how you're so special but wasting your time here on our inferior school's greekrank. Who's the loser now?

By: A
#13by:    

This is annoying. Alabama has a good reputation. My nephew from a top private school in St. Louis just said goodbye to his best friend, a National Merit Finalist, who was recruited to come to Alabama. A diploma from Alabama is a great thing!

By: Just Stopping By
by: Haa   

A diploma from alabama is worth no more than the piece of toulet paper i wipe my ass with.

By: Haa
by: that's great   

Congrats to your nephew and his friend. Alabama does recruit HEAVILY for National Merit Finalists by offering them full scholarships - I myself was offered one (without even applying to UA which I thought was amusing!) but decided on an Ivy League school where I'm very happy. It's great that they value academically talented students but the fact of the matter is that there is at least an entire tier of universities that receive more finalists without having to recruit them by virtue of their known and respected academic rigor. Alabama is a good school and I don't agree with everyone here saying a diploma from there is worthless because graduating from college is a wonderful privilege and accomplishment in itself. I just want to point out that some people do have illusions about its grandeur, regarding its academic prestige, anyway.

I know people are going to say I'm loser for even following this page- I don't really care because everyone has their vices. I openly admit I am absolutely FASCINATED about how Greek communities differ across different universities. Needless to say UA's community differs greatly from the one at my own University. I find it very interesting that while pop culture usually depicts college years as generally a uniform experiences, so many things can differ campus to campus from tradition, to political views, to priorities and values. At the same time there are many parallels- such as how elitism and socioeconomic inequality manifests itself on campus

By: that's great
#14by:    

Do you people actually think Alabama is a good university?

By: HA
#15by:    

We attend this University because this is our home. I was accepted to, and could have attended, other universities that are considered much more prestigious than Alabama; I did not attend Alabama out of ignorance or lack of credentials. I attended Alabama because this is where my grandparents went to school, this is where my parents went to school, and this is my home away from home. I'm extremely satisfied with the quality of education I am receiving. I am proud of how many Merit Scholars we have, and all of the other impressive academic achievements we have. Our illusions of grandeur are not misguided; they are our own perceptions of how great of a school we attend.

This is Greek rank. This is not a place for you to insult the place we call home. Do so if you wish, but your posts are inappropriate for this website and, to be blatant, annoying. No one cares if you think your school is better. No one cares if you equate our degrees to "toilut" paper. NO ONE CARES ABOUT YOUR THOUGHTS. We are happy here. We chose to attend here. Your narcissistic tendencies are neither wanted nor needed. So can we go back to talking about our awesome greek system now?

By: Okay

Before you type:  Please do not post individual names, defaming content, or spam. Remember, cyber bullying can be considered a crime.

Nickname:
by: that's great   

Thanks for a thoughtful response. You are 100% right. No one chooses a school JUST because of its academics-because university should be and IS so much more than that. I didn't choose my school just because it was prestigious, but in fact, because when I visited, I loved the people and it felt like home. What matters the most is the you love and feel comfortable and are proud of where you go to school. Everyone is an individual and has their unique reasons for choosing and loving their school and I apologize for being a part of a conversation criticizing people for a choice they made and are happy with. Good luck with the rest of your time at Alabama!

By: that's great
#16by:    

do alabama kids get jobs after graduating...?

By: tbh
#17by:    

UA is a back up school for most people. Local Alabama people, maybe not, but definitely a back up for more competitive schools...especially those in neighboring states.

By: Truth

Before you type:  Please do not post individual names, defaming content, or spam. Remember, cyber bullying can be considered a crime.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.