facebook

you dont get a bid

by:    

So do you basically have no social life if you're not Greek here? I only got three invites back today so I'm not feeling too confident about my chances. Will I still have a good time here, if i'm not in a sorority?

Posted By: are you loser if...
Page 1 of 2
#1by:    

There are tons of opportunities for non greeks here. There will be a week of welcome and a tons of clubs to sign up for. You can get oinvolved lots of other ways.
You still have 3 invites, so absolutely dont give up on recruitment!! Lots of cuts happen in the early rounds. And the perfect house for you may be in one of those 3 houses!!! Good luck!

By: there
by: 1   

You can only join one anyway so make the most of the three you are going back to. Good luck!

By: 1
by: ##   

bump

By: ##
by: vv   

Bump

By: vv
#2by:    

Stay in rush, it's likely one of the three invites could be your home!!!

By: Keep rushing

Before you type:  Please do not post individual names, defaming content, or spam. Remember, cyber bullying can be considered a crime.

Nickname:
#3by:    

Focus on the three invites you got. Despite the bs you read on here, there are great girls in every house, and think of what YOU can offer those houses. Yes, there are plenty of activities you can be involved in outside the Greek Community, but even the "lower tier" houses are going to open up some opportunities for you at Bama, and down the road as an alum.

By: Agree^^^
#4by:    

The first cuts are always severe. Hang in there! You could end up being in the house that's a perfect fit for you. Don't feel so bad. Some girls have been cut completely. You still have 3! Girls do not realize before they actually start to participate in rush how competive and cut throat rush is at bama. It truly is the most difficult rush to make it through in the country. Receiving a bid from any sorority here is an accomplishment. Focus on giving your absolute best to the last 3 houses.

By: Keep your head up!
#5by:    

It's great that you have 3. Those houses saw something in you that they like. Don't discount that. Out of all the girls going through rush, you stood out to these houses. Trust me when I tell you that all the houses make cuts. Congrats for making it through to the next round.

By: Active
#6by:    

It's really nice to see some positive feedback to a sincere question. Stay in!!! It only takes one!!

By: Great...
by: Yes!   

Couldn't agree more. Good luck to the PNM.

By: Yes!
#7by:    

Thanks everyone for the support! I'm definitely going to stay in rush and I love the three houses I have left, I would be happy in any one of them. I was just worried that if I were to not get a bid that I wouldn't have as great of a college experience as I would being greek.

By: original poster
#8by:    

Learn about the houses you have left and really look into them. See what they stand for. Can the girls in that house cry with you, laugh with you etc. Do you have anything in common with the girls you connected with.

Being in any house is a lifelong commitment and you will get to wear the letters proud. Of course your 4 years at UA will be memorable, but like anything you only get out what you put into it.

Best of luck.

By: You need to focus
#9by:    

There are LOTS of other things to get involved in. Sports related, game related, politics, charitable, religious...all kinds of stuff.
And often a few sororities will open a few spots later in the semester or next semester and pledge new members through Continuous Open Bidding.
Not getting a bid will NOT be the end of your social life at Alabama!

By: Yes
by: True   

But if you drop out you will have regrets for a long time

By: True
#10by:    

Hope you are still in the game and enjoy today

By: Alumnae
by: ^^^   

Lots to do and there is always spring recruitment COB which is much more relaxed and less competitive!!

By: ^^^

Before you type:  Please do not post individual names, defaming content, or spam. Remember, cyber bullying can be considered a crime.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.