facebook

rushing

by:    

How does rush to all the fraternities work once everything gets going next week?

Posted By: Question
Page 1 of 1
#1by:    

There really is no formal rush and for the most part rush is closing up. Most houses started giving out bids in April and will be having parties during welcome week where they will probably give out a couple more bids

By: rushee
by: freshrush   

How do you know where the parties are happening? Also are most of these parties open to any interested guys?

By: freshrush
by: ^   

Ok yeah this kid gets what I'm talking about

By: ^
by: @freshrush   

Unfortunately, unless you know a brother or have talked to the rush chair you won't be invited to the bigger houses parties. They are in direct contact with their rushees and have been inviting them to rush events all summer. Like the poster below said, fraternities like chi phi, zbt, akl, sigma pi, etc will still have lots of spots open and you could easily stop by the house, introduce yourself, get invited to some parties and get a bid in the coming weeks. Im from OOS and I came down three times to alabama over spring and summer for rush events to secure a bid, so like I said, unfortunately many houses have been rushing kids for a while and have a good idea what their class looks like.

By: @freshrush
#2by:    

this system blows for out of state kids

By: Question

Before you type:  Please do not post individual names, defaming content, or spam. Remember, cyber bullying can be considered a crime.

Nickname:
by: yup   

Yup. Best bet if you dont want a low tier fraternity now is to wait a year, meet guys, and get to know the houses. Rush your sophomore year

By: yup
by: @yup   

Do the "top houses" give bids to sophomores? Is it worth the wait to wait until the spring? Any networking tips for people who waited too long this year?

By: @yup
#3by:    

really not that hard to get a bid as an out of state when you go down next week. youre not going to get a bid from like sae or dke and theta chi/sigma chi will be hard but look into fraternities like chi phi sigma pi delta sig zbt akl dx.

By: its
#4by:    

How were we supposed to know about all these spring and summer events? I don't know about you guys, but during spring and summer I was with my--here's the surprise--HIGH SCHOOL friends, not driving or flying to Bama. Christ this is ridiculous.

By: Outofstateguy
by: sorry   

Sorry man. There is still a chance to get a spot in a middle tier house but it will be harder. Also, if you have a roommate rushing or meet some guys that already accepted a bid they could possibly introduce you to a house. And I feel you but that's just how it is. Guess they like guys that are proactive. I would try and chose some new row middle tier houses and email their rush chair explaining your situation asap. They may still be interested.

By: sorry
#5by:    

What about all the open house rounds and the greek fair and stuff, those have got to be good chances to get to know the houses and some of the brothers from those house, right?

By: Outofstate
by: anotherOOS   

My understanding is that those events are basically formalities (required by the IFC) and no real recruitment is done.

By: anotherOOS
by: exactly   

From what I hear it is not taken seriously by the fraternities

By: exactly
#6by:    

Alright, I'm from out of state and I know kids that are going/have gone to Bama, so I knew to email the rush chairs ahead of time. I've been emailing a few fraternities and have even been invited to a few rush events. I haven't been to any rush events yet because I haven't had the chance to get down to campus yet, but yeah basically I have exchanged a few emails with some rush chairs who have told me to text them when I get to campus and stuff to meet up and all that. Would u guys say I have decent chance of getting a bid based on all of that or do you think that since I haven't been able to make it to any summer rush events that i'm screwed.

by: youre good   

meet up with them

By: youre good
by: Question   

thank god

by: You're Safe   

Those you have been talking to have probably saved a few bids for out of staters and since you've already been talking to them you have a real advantage

By: You're Safe

Before you type:  Please do not post individual names, defaming content, or spam. Remember, cyber bullying can be considered a crime.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.