facebook

rush

by:    

what are my chances of getting a bid if i have below a 3.0 gpa & im not necessarily the most bubbly type of person? and please dont be rude about it, im already scared enough

Posted By: pnm
Page 1 of 1
#1by:    

Just be yourself, the house that's right for you will make you feel right at home.

By: honestly
#2by:    

It depends on your other qualifications. How far below a 3.0 do you have? Do you have recs? Are you a legacy to any chapter or do you have any other connections? Because if you don't have something to make you stand out, you will be looked over and dropped and I mean that in the nicest way possible. To put it in a perspective where you can understand where we are coming from, our goal as houses are to get good grades because that is the only way that sororities are truly ranked (there is no official rank other than that), so why would we want to take someone who can't make a 3.0 in high school? Because we know that if you can't make a 3.0 in high school, you probably won't be able to make one in college either and it will just damage our house. If you have recs, friends, or are a legacy, your chances are slightly higher, but I would not get my hopes up for anything. Go in with an open mind and ask yourself whether you would rather be in any sorority at all or if there if you will only settle for a certain few, because if you will only settle for a certain few, you are just setting yourself up for heartbreak. Be nice and friendly to every girl in every house and try to make connections with the girls you speak to every where. That's the only advice I can really give you.

By: Active

Before you type:  Please do not post individual names, defaming content, or spam. Remember, cyber bullying can be considered a crime.

Nickname:
#3by:    

Many girls get bids below a 3.0

Several nationals have guidelines so that may be an issue.

If you were in a college prep private school that means a lot too. If you we're in public HS the above is true.

By: Your fine.
by: My house   

Doesn't take freshmen with below a 2.9. Some it's lower, but that's the rule for us

By: My house
by: My house   

Also, a lot of houses will have a lot higher than that. Last year, ADPi had a set gpa of at least 3.2. Idk if they followed that, though. If it makes you feel better, APhi doesn't care about gpa at all

By: My house

Before you type:  Please do not post individual names, defaming content, or spam. Remember, cyber bullying can be considered a crime.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.