facebook

bid day

by:    

If I am coming from far out of state, and my mom is flying out with me for move in. Right now, the plan is for her to leave on the Wednesday of formal recruitment, however I have seen that it is common for parents to be there for bid day. Will I feel left out/awkward if my parents are not there with me?

Posted By: pnm
Page 1 of 1
#1by:    

Honestly, I was kind of ready to get rid of my parents on bid day as awful as that sounds. It was nice to have them there--they bought me flowers and gifts from the trunk, which was really nice, but after all the bid day festivities are over, there are usually parties at active's houses off campus and I felt like I missed out on some of that because I was too busy with my parents.

By: Honestly

Before you type:  Please do not post individual names, defaming content, or spam. Remember, cyber bullying can be considered a crime.

Nickname:
#2by:    

If your parents are not with you on bid day, it will not matter. You will not be the only one. I would say most are not involved after about 1 or 2 p.m. That is what I encountered anyway.

By: If
#3by:    

You're OK. You'll be very, very busy all day and probably have an immediately new member retreat. LOTS of girls' parents DON't come. Just seems like the ones who do are extremely vocal about it.

By: Listen
#4by:    

My parents weren't there for bid day and that was fine with me. I wanted to spend time with my new sisters and my bid day big. They sent a gift from the trunk and flowers, that was enough.

By: Active
#5by:    

thank you all so much for the insight! I feel a lot better now

By: pnm
#6by:    

PANTS!!!,

Who's going to college anyway. Ltalk about helicopter parents. You should please AOP

By: Put on the big girl
#7by:    

Right there you had the chance to be polite. Instead you make a rude comment. Alabama at it's best.

By: See
#8by:    

My parents just come for bid day! However, usually there is parties and stuff after which is hard to go to if your supposed to be spending time with your parents. Either way not a biggie!

By: Old Row Diva
#9by:    

Most people are OOS, so a good many girls won't have anyone there. It won't be weird at all. Just make sure she buys you bid day stuff to make up for it ;)

By: uh

Before you type:  Please do not post individual names, defaming content, or spam. Remember, cyber bullying can be considered a crime.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.