facebook

curious

by:    

In what land other than Alabama, would a low house GPA not automatically put a house on the bottom? Are you kidding me? Look at their GPA!!! It is lower than the female student body. How about we make academics important! What a joke.

Posted By: APhi/ZTA/GammaPhi
Page 1 of 2
#1by:    

They need to get their cr@p together. However, ZTA and APhi have fun, pretty girls. That is the world that makes you popular. I personally have lots of smart friends in both, but they do have an issue with grades. A big one.

By: Well...
#2by:    

They're really sweet girls but not considered very popular. That means that they don't get to choose PNMs with top grades like some of the other houses.

By: and GPB
#3by:    

There will always be houses at the bottom of the "grade" totem pole. It doesn't make them bad houses.

By: Kick the dog
#4by:    

Add DZ to the list as well with a 3.13, below the all women average. I just hate it when people don't show all the facts.

By: Well
#5by:    

Grades then campus involvement and sisterhood should really be the top priorities. DZ, ZTA, APhi and Gamma Phi need to step it up. No sorority should have below all women average. Embarrassing for the greek system at Alabama.

By: Wow
by: Well   

Not everyone wants to be a P/R major, adver major, fashion, dance ect.

Hence they take harder classes and yes sometimes they get a B. Oh goodness that is just horrible if an Econ or Engenieering major cant get an A. They must have slacked cuz we know how easy those classes are. NOT. ....Wake up you fool.

Holy cow a B, the world has come to an end if our nursing majors can't smile there way to an A.

Some have harder classes and that's just the way it is.

By: Well
#6by:    

So what you are saying is all the Pre Med, Engineering and Nursing majors are APhis, ZTA, DZ AND Gamma Phis ...

By: LO Fricken L
by: No...   

I think what they are saying is shut up and let the PNMs decide for themselves. I don't care if someone's GPA is a 2.9. It isn't an "embarrassment to the entire Greek system". It doesn't shame me or my sorority. It is their business, not mine. It just means there is always a bottom tier in grades and these girls should focus on their grades more. It is a tangible judgment. Unlike the fact that these sororities have beautiful, sweet, fun girls which the PNMs will have to see for themselves. And they will. And they will see that ZTA and APhi are very popular and get invited to many functions.

By: No...
by: ^^^   

Thank you! Not all PMNs will be able to get in Alpha Chi, Chi O, Alpha Gam, Tri Delt, or Phi Mu. Yes, they all have an average of over 3.5 consistently. Thus, there are other houses that are just as fun and just as nice and just as popular. They just don't have as high a GPA. It doesn't make them bad. There are dumb girls and smart girls in all the houses.

PMNs, choose with your heart... Not what other people think you should do or based on reputation of a so called "low GPA" house. You will have a lot of adjusting to do with being a college student. Don't make it harder or more miserable on yourself.

Peace out.

By: ^^^
#7by:    

Well at least they are pretty and get invited to functions. Is this fricken 1955???? How about teaching the girls the importance of grades? There is a concept!

By: Ohhhhhh
by: Ha!   

The point of going to college is to graduate and go to work. Not all prospective employers base their hiring decision totally on GPA. Get a grip.

The second reason to go to college is to have fun and meet people and make friends. It's handed to you one time. Make the best of it and enjoy!

You are a prude if you think for one second college is focused solely on grades. You are boring. Your point is mute.

By: Ha!
by: @ohhhh   

I question YOUR intelligence, honestly. Can you not read? These people are ALL saying they NEED to work on their grades, but that they have other positive qualities and that there always has to be someone on bottom of the gpa ranking. That there are SMART girls in these houses. We can't say "All our houses are great and have something to offer" out of one side of our mouth and then turn to the other side and dog the sororities with the lowest grades and imply they have no merit. Way to represent Panhel love.

By: @ohhhh
#8by:    

I think you mean their point is "Moot", but mute actually works well for me also! As in....I wish everyone would mute their negativity about all the sororities right now.

By: @Ha
#9by:    

And I will add, if all houses had a 3.5 you would find something else wrong with those other houses because you feel the need to put people beneath you. You have a superiority complex and a need to degrade others. Get over yourself. In Gods eyes we don't live by these silly ass rules.

Rank over.

By: Stupid!
#10by:    

Moot works! And so does mute! Lol

By: Stupid!

Before you type:  Please do not post individual names, defaming content, or spam. Remember, cyber bullying can be considered a crime.

Nickname:

Before you type:  Please do not post individual names, defaming content, or spam. Remember, cyber bullying can be considered a crime.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.